Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PMDG 736, NDB ILS DME approach

Featured Replies

Edit: for FS2020...

I've had PMDG's 737-600 for a couple of years and love the aircraft. However, it has a problem working out what to do with approaches based on an NDB: eg the Humberside KIM 1 onto R20. It miscalculates the outward leg and puts it somewhere 180° in the opposite direction.

It's meant to:

Screenshot-2026-08-27-125414.png

but does

Screenshot-2026-08-27-123858.png

Screenshot-2026-08-27-123912.png

Removing the Navigraph Hub link just results in out of date nav data...

Screenshot-2026-08-27-124921

Of course, it's easy to manually construct the same approach in the FMS, but that not the point. Every other aircraft I use works out NDB ILS DME approaches correctly. It's not just Humberside. As another example, the PMDG 737-600 gets approaches into Liverpool wrong too.

The plane is 100% fine with eg basic ILS approaches; it's the outbound leg from the NDB it gets wrong.

Is this a known fault or is it me?

FWIW, the Avsim PMDG forums seems a bit moribund, hence my posing here.

Edited by The_Flying_Potato

I had a quick look and it looked ok : Navdata cycle 2608

EGLL ENCOD VEGUS and the NDB Appr.

MREhTIz.jpeg

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell  PP-ASEL KDTW

  • Author

Imgur not available in my region (Scunthorpe!): fire up the VPN! :-) VPNs have proper uses!

I'll try EGLL ENCOD VEGUS and the NDB Appr. and report back.

What specific approach are you flying? The KIM1?

Any idea why mine doesn't work?

18 minutes ago, The_Flying_Potato said:

What specific approach are you flying? The KIM1?

Yes.

NDB DME RWY 20 (EGNJ)

Edit: I could do a short video if needed.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell  PP-ASEL KDTW

  • Author

FS2020 update... and... eventually...

EGLL DCT ENCOD DCT VEGUS DCT EGNJ/KIM1.I20 is the route.

First, here is what FlyByWire's A320N shows:

Screenshot 2026 08 28 123153

Screenshot 2026 08 28 123236

Now, PMDG's version:

Screenshot 2026 08 28 124007

  • Author
19 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Edit: I could do a short video if needed.

Nah, I trust you :-)

47 minutes ago, The_Flying_Potato said:

It's KIM-9 that's in the wrong place.

Ok on my testing.

Kim8 Kim9 are approach transitions and appear correctly (just like the approach plates and your FBW A320) using current Navigraph navdata PMDG737-600 (MSFS2024).

I have not tested PMDG MSFS2020 (yet).

Ma0BEsM.jpeg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell  PP-ASEL KDTW

  • Author

I've just stripped pretty much everything out of the community folder, apart from the aircraft itself, using the Addon Linker - got it back, now! - and doing so made no difference.

Edited by The_Flying_Potato

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Yes.

NDB DME RWY 20 (EGNJ)

Edit: I could do a short video if needed.

If you have the video done, please send me the link.

Flight Sim Software/Hardware: MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | MSFS 2024 Aviator | X-Plane Mobile 12 | X-Plane 12 |  Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition | Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition | Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant | Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder | Xbox wireless controller | Stream Deck + | Flight Radar 24 Gold | Navigraph | Simbrief | WINCTRL PAP 3 MAG, 3N PDC, 3M PDC & PFP 7 | Wingflex A320 EFIS, RMP & FCU Cube | 3rd Party Hanger: Fenix: A319, 320, 321 | Flight Factor: 777-200ER with engine variants | Flight FX: HondaJet HA420 | FlyJSim: Dash 8 Q400 | Hot Start: Challenger 650 | iFly: 737 Max | iniBuilds: A350 |  PMDG: 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300ER, DC-6 | Toliss: A321 with engine variants | Zibo: 737-800 Computer Equipment: Intel i7-13000K | Asus Tuf Z790 | 64 GB Corsair Ram | 2 TB NVMe OS Drive | 4 TB NVMe Game Drive | 3 X 4TB SATA Data Drives | Windows 11 | Asus Dual RTX 4070 CAE Full Motion Flight Simulator Experience: Boeing 737, Boeing 767, Boeing 787 Real Aircraft Flying Experience: Schempp-Hirth Janus, Cessna 172 and Cessna 185

https://www.youtube.com/@CYVRAviation

29 minutes ago, The_Flying_Potato said:

I've just stripped pretty much everything out of the community folder, apart from the aircraft itself, using the Addon Linker - got it back, now! - and doing so made no difference.

I do not use Addon-Linker.

Do you have any other PMDG aircraft that could be tested?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell  PP-ASEL KDTW

  • Author

Nope, no other PMDG aircraft. As I said above, the FlyByWire A320N works fine - and so does every other aircraft. Addon-Linker just creates or doesn't items in the community folder.

  • Author

FWIW, I bought a new PC about eight or nine months ago, and I was experiencing the same behaviour on the old one.

Edited by The_Flying_Potato

10 minutes ago, The_Flying_Potato said:

FWIW, I bought a new PC about eight or nine months ago, and I was experiencing the same behaviour on the old one.

PMDG737-600 MSFS2020 has the same problem you reported.

I tested PMDG737-600 MSFS2024 and P3D5.4.9 and they are OK.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell  PP-ASEL KDTW

  • Author
1 minute ago, vonmar said:

PMDG737-600 MSFS2020 has the same problem you reported.

That's what I'm using!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.