Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

XP doesn not load the proper / marked Situation / .sit

Featured Replies

Hi everyone.

Another annoying issue with XP12 is that it loads whatever it feels like on start up, sometimes it gets the wrong clouds, or worse it does not load your Memory views (Ctrl 0-9) saved configurations, joystick (controllers) settings... which can be very time consuming.

My work around is to use a batch (.bat) file (included below) to start the sim. I use it from my Desktop, (make sure the locations are pointing to the proper Folder/Files you have your data saved). You will have to Save your Good (Wanted) Preference that you want to load with this Start.

This seems to be random and I am not able to find the reason why, it just looks like poor code, sometimes it marks all .sit/s as Paused...

It can be very time consuming. Everyone of the people I interface with, have that problem, and I get on any of the systems I use.

I hope it helps some of you.

>>From here

Xcopy ...Your Drive:\XPlaneLocation\Output\YourSavedPreferences Loc\*.* ...Drive:\XPlaneLocation\Output\\preferences\ /E /I

CD ...Drive:\XPlaneLocation\

start "" "..Drive:\XPlaneLocation\X-Plane.exe rem Pay attention to the ""

<<To here

As an additional note the Reflections, Low visibility, Bloom and Shadows are an absolute pain in the rear someone must really like the psychedelic colors, I do not think that any of those guys are old enough get get them the 70s experience.

I need something to Kill the Sun, and the reflections..

A work around for the reflections in very low visibility and low Sun angle, I just make my windshield completely transparent which can be an issue for some, simpler procedure is to make your *glass more transparent if the modify the "glass_inn.obj" for that particular acft located in your ... ...\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172 SP\objects in this case for the C172...

Portion of the "glass_inn_G1000.obj" follows. This works for any "*glass*. obj" file.

Start file: "glass_inn.obj" below

>>From here

A

800

OBJ

TEXTURE glass_inn.png

TEXTURE_NORMAL glass_inn_NRM.png

GLOBAL_specular 1.0 <<<<<<<< change this line to GLOBAL_specular 0.2 (or something less than 0.5 as you prefer)

NORMAL_METALNESS

BLEND_GLASS

...

<< To here

Never had an issue and yiur the first to complain of it, need your log,txt a link to it.

  • Author
1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

Never had an issue and yiur the first to complain of it, need your log,txt a link to it.

Hi.

I suggest that you also look in other locations to find complaints about 'Lost settings..." that is related / the same as to what I describe.

Everyone I know has that problem, and I get it in every system that I had XP12 in, never have / had those problems in the prior versions.

There is no Error or Warning about it, it just does what it wants. Sometimes it load a flight to some weird locations in Europe.... I sometimes get the the layers of Wind as in the initial download / install...

Yesterday I got a message about the "wrong type.." of .sit of a situation that was just created 2 days before with absolutely No change to the sim.

Lucky you.

Edit: I just remembered you are one the few that were saying that the cockpit lighting was a non issue?

Edited by Avcomware

7 hours ago, Avcomware said:

I suggest that you also look in other locations to find complaints about 'Lost settings..." that is related / the same as to what I describe.

Why should mjrhealth or the rest of us "look in other" unspecified "locations"? Where are they? Your problems appear to be uniquely personal. Provide more evidence if you want to be helped. Or keep those problems to yourself and waste nobody's time.

Never had any such issue. Except with another sim 😅

i9 12900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.