Sign in to follow this  
byork

Can you land an airliner?

Guest PARADISE

Here's a simple solution for all of you that have never set foot in a real cockpit and question whether you could land an airplane or not. Save a little money, go to the nearest airport, rent an airplane with an instructor and have a go at a landing. Just don't tell the instructor you only want to do takeoffs............that will get you on the no-fly list for sure.

>Here's a simple solution for all of you that have never set>foot in a real cockpit and question whether you could land an>airplane or not. Save a little money, go to the nearest>airport, rent an airplane with an instructor and have a go at>a landing. Just don't tell the instructor you only want to do>takeoffs............that will get you on the no-fly list for>sure.Well if your questioning, whether a non pilot can land an airplane in general, I already know the answer to that first hand!!

(Not a Music Video)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

My two cents:If the simmer was 'talked down' and relied 100 percent on the automatics and did an autoland, provided the guy kept his cool, sure, why not.But if it involved hand-flying I'd say 'no' because sim flying and real flying "feel" totally different, and you'd screw up.To give you an example, a long time ago before I did my PPL, I did a fam flight in a C152. I had 0 flight hours, but a lot of FS hours.The instructor talked me through the landing, and I scared her real good :-), but I did land, although it was pretty ugly. But frankly if she wasn't there I probably would have crashed.And that was a Cessna, not a 767.There are just too many things that can't be captured or simulated on a desktop computer I'm afraid.-Bryan