Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

Can default fuel load be set?

Experts,I've searched this forum past postings to the best of my abilities.Can one configure fuel tanks in an airplane to be empty by default? The airplane remembers the weight figures from last time it was changed, but it always defaults to 100% fuel tanks. I know that I could save a flight and then resume from that flight, but I'm looking for a way to do this without having to save a flight. Any ideas? Thank you,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Have you tried emptying the tanks, then saving the flight as default, reloaded and see if the tanks are still empty? If the tanks are full again try below.Try loading this saved *.flt file with Notepad/Wordpad, Search for fuel or fuel.0, adjust the percentages for the tanks used on the particular aircraft you use. I think the fuel.0 are the starting percentages when loading the aircraft, i.e., 100%=full tank, 50=half-full, etc.W. Sieffert

Thank you W. Sieffert,I'm trying to avoid saving a default flight. Was wondering if there was a way to modify either a .air file or a config file to set the default fuel level. It doesn't look like there is one. Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

The values in the *.air file and the aircraft.cfg file are the capacities of the tanks, not load at startup.I think your only option is to modify the fuel.0 percentage values in a *.flt file. You could do it too the original default *.flt file but I recommend not doing so.It is just as easy to make a new default flight with all the parameters you want set, select the "make this flight the default flight", and save the file. You can always go back to the original default flight by selecting a flight menu or opening the fs9.cfg file and change the default flight to the original flight.W. Sieffert

Dave,It would be reasonably straightforward to achieve this effect through the use of a gauge. Fuel levels can be set using FSUIPC access. Specifically, a gauge could be created which would set fuel level to zero when the panel was first loaded. If this interests you, let me know.Doug

Doug,Be so kind to create such a gauge and we would have back our fueldump (2002) possibility in flight!E.g. if you only could make it possible to set fuel-level to say 5% and 10 %.I would be very grateful!!Jan"Procul Negotiis"

I cobbled together the attached this evening. All it will do is set each fuel tank to zero. It requires a registered version of FSUIPC, or a connection to FSUIPC by another accredited gauge (perhaps an XML sound gauge ;-) )If this fits the bill, I can contact Pete and get it registered. Let me think about the fuel dump gauge. I have a concept, but it will be rather complex to build.Doug