Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Ruined aircraft

A few years ago, I purchased Abacus "Private Pilot Training" for FS2000, which I liked very much for the good modeling of the Socata TB-10 Tobago and TB-20 Trinidad (IMO, the best for MSFS).With FS2002, these aircrafts were working fine, but some problems could appear if you tried to use these aircrafts for the AI traffic (some parts were ignored).In FS2004, whatever you do, some parts are not drawn (see the attached screenshot). I know these are old models, certainly designed with FSDS, but my question is:Is there any way to convert these aircrafts so that they work fine in FS2004?Thanks for any help !!Erichttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/67395.jpg

In a word... NO. the Model for these planes used FSDS 1.5 and aircraft animator to animate things like the prop. Aircraft made with FSDS 1.5 and aircraft animator will work in 2004 as long as they do not have an animated prop. thats the code in the model that FS 9 doesn't like. anything with the prop tag used in one of these older models won't show the part.Brian

Guest KChapman

Brian,I saw on your website that you're working on a "long-pending" TBM-700. I'm assuming a couple of things here: the model in question is a Socata TBM-700, and it will be released for FS2004. This raises the question as to which variant you're designing, the A, B, or new C2? Just curious, not lobbying for one over the other. I'm interested in this plane more than ever since reading the TBM-700 article in the February 2004 AOPA Pilot. I really enjoy your work and am glad to see you're working on a 700.Happy flying (and designing),Kevin

I've been "working" on that TBM 700 off and on (mostly off :-lol ) for nearly 3 years... it might be faster for me to start all over from scratch on it since it originaly started life as a FS 2000 project.Brian

>A few years ago, I purchased Abacus "Private Pilot Training">for FS2000, which I liked very much for the good modeling of>the Socata TB-10 Tobago and TB-20 Trinidad (IMO, the best for>MSFS).Eric, have you checked out on the Socata TB20-GT here at avsim.com? You know, the one I used your "Radar Gauge" in? It works well for AI here...Although it was reworked for FS9, the SDK wasn't available yet, so I will be adding all the neat FS9 "stuff" (like VC Rain effects) over the next few weeks for a re-release... :)I may just include a 'stripped down' .mdl strictly for AI use.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill,Of course I saw your TB-20GT aircraft (and its panel), but I didn't take the time to fly it carefully. I just had the impression that Abacus had done a better job on the exterior model. Maybe I'm wrong... I'll check it again, I'm sure your aircraft is great ;-)Eric

>Of course I saw your TB-20GT aircraft (and its panel), but I>didn't take the time to fly it carefully. I just had the>impression that Abacus had done a better job on the exterior>model. Maybe I'm wrong... I'll check it again, I'm sure your>aircraft is great ;-)Their visual model may well be better. That was my "first" GMax model, and I've learned so much more now than I knew then... :) However, I did a major overhaul for the current FS9 model to "fix" some visual problems, but it's not nearly as nice as I could build now... :)

Fr. Bill    

I wanted to download the FS9 version of your TB-20GT, but there is currently a problem with the AVSIM file server. Is there any other place where I can download it?Eric

>I wanted to download the FS9 version of your TB-20GT, but>there is currently a problem with the AVSIM file server. Is>there any other place where I can download it?Not at the moment (that I'm aware of), but I would suspect that it's available elsewhere in places I don't know about! :)A simple google.com search returned this place:http://www.flightxpress.de/files/1003/files1003.htmlalso on this Russian site!http://avsim.ru/files.phtml?fileid=1288Enjoy!

Fr. Bill