Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

A few XML questions.. N3 ....Fuel Temp...Oil quantity.

Hi gurus! :-hah .....i am trying to make some XML gauges but am having trouble with three in particular.1: Fuel temperature gauge ...what would be the correct string name?2: Engine Oil quantity gauge...again I have made the gauge but it is not active ......what would be the correct string name3: And lastly..I would like an N3 readout...apparently FS9 only supports N1 and N2 ....can I link N3 to N2 but get it to readout slightly differently ..a percenage of perhaps?....if so how?:-hmmm regardsEdedetroit@projectopensky.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ed,If I get this post right, you're looking for the variable names for these parameters. Since you'll no doubt be looking for other variables in the future, I refer you to Microsoft's panel SDK (see the FS9 or FS2K sites for links to these SDKs.Engine oil temperature is easy, that's (A:GENERAL ENG[1-4] OIL TEMPERATURE, [Celsius Fahrenheit Rankine])i.e. (A:General eng1 oil temperature, celsius)Faking an N3 percentage is also easy if you have a use for it:(A:Turb eng1 N1, percent) [percentage] * (>L:Turb eng1 N3 percent, number)Fuel temperature has no variable, it must be modeled based on existing parameters. Do a search for "fuel temperature" here in the forums. I know Arne Bartels and Ron Freimuth and have played with this.--Jon

Hi Jon ,thankyou for your reply. I also found engine oil temerature easy... but I asked about engine oil quantity which I was not able to find in the SDKThankyou for the N3 help though. regardsEdedetroit@projectopensky.com

Hi,Try:%((A:ENG OIL QUANTITY,pounds))%!d!Can be ENG, ENG1-4Hope this helps,Jan"Procul Negotiis"

It sure did Jan! ......thankyou... you guy's are fantastic! regardsEdedetroit@projectopensky.com