Sign in to follow this  
N2056

Texturing Question

I have created a texture and mapped it to the forward portion of my fuselage. The texture is made for one side only, and mapped to the other side. Tonight I made the logo and applied it, but it is reversed on the opposite side of the fuselage! Is there a way to get the logo to display properly on both sides without making a complete texture? Something like a 'decal' that would be applied on top of the existing texture?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/75915.jpgThanks!Robert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I have created a texture and mapped it to the forward portion>of my fuselage. The texture is made for one side only, and>mapped to the other side. Tonight I made the logo and applied>it, but it is reversed on the opposite side of the fuselage!>Is there a way to get the logo to display properly on both>sides without making a complete texture? Something like a>'decal' that would be applied on top of the existing texture?I'm sorry no one has answered your question yet...You could clone some polys, lift them 0.0001" from the surface and use them as "decals" if you like. That's the way the "dynamic n-numbers" are applied to default models.An easier way though is to simply mirror the texture mapping on the 'flipped side' by 'flipping' the UVW map's orientation.In effect, it would be like putting the texture on the backside of the polygons, so that the logo &/or text will be correctly displayed.

Thanks for the reply. The logo is part of the rivet pattern texture, which I have already flipped. I think that's how my logo got reversed. Is it possible to 'layer' textures on a poly? That would seem the way to go if possible, otherwise I'll try the decal approach.Robert