Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Invisible Knob

Guest Bassy

Hi all,I want to make an invisible knob in XML.I tried following but the knob is black.Any suggestions?Thanks(L:Color,enum) 11 == if{ 0 (>L:Color,enum) } els{ (L:Color,enum) ++ (>L:Color,enum) }

I would think the easiest way is to just make an all black (RGB of 0,0,0) graphic/bmp for your knob.

Hi,If you don't want to see anything, you don't need the element with whatsoever in it.Only the click area.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Bassy

Thanks for your answers,Neither work, if I paint the bmp's in red all works but if I paint them all black (and the card black or 1,1,1) NO mouse pointer hence it doesn't work. Take element away and it does the same...Anymore suggestions?(L:Color,enum) 11 == if{ 0 (>L:Color,enum) } els{ (L:Color,enum) ++ (>L:Color,enum) }

Hi,Do you have the clickspot on the transparant windscreen??If so, it will not work without a colored BMP background.On the panel you only need a click area when using it in a composed gauge with some background.If the "click" is a standalone then you need some bmp in the gauge and this one can be transparant when not using it on the transparant windscreen.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

It also depends on whether it is FS02 or FS04. FS02 required a bitmap always. In both the previous examples the Bright=" " attribute also may have something to do with it.. Another thing, is this a whole gauge, or, an element to an existing gauge ? The reason being it looks like you're trying to this element on something else, perhaps on top of a "C" type gauge or a "moving" gauge IE EADI or other ? If you are trying to position this invisible gauge on top of pre-exisiting gauge you may run into problems. example--gauge00=mastergauge!mastergauge, 25, 25, XX, YYgauge01=newXMLcode!newXMLcode, 25 ,25, XX, YYIF the above is correct it may be necessary to get rid of the tags and recalculate the placement and place this new gauge directly where needed. example--gauge00=mastergauge!mastergauge, 25, 25, XX, YYgauge01=newXMLcode!newXMLcode, 67, 340, XX, YYThe following was tested in 02 and 04 and does work.Make a 16 bit BMP 15X40 in size with a color of 0,0,0 and call it BLANK.bmp(L:Color,enum) 11 == if{ 0 (>L:Color,enum) } els{ (L:Color,enum) ++ (>L:Color,enum) }Regards,Roman(KGRB)http://home.new.rr.com/spokes2112/images/Image2.gif

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest Bassy

OK now it works, THANKS for all the help.It is for an HUD I am working on, see pic.Anyone interested? If enough people respond I will upload it to the library.Greetings

Hi,Now we understand!I had the same problems, my solution was to make a control unit on the HUD frame.Not realistic but whatsoever.(See pic)Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Bassy

Very nice Jan,Yours seems more sophisticated than mine, looks like I have to work on it a little more ;o)

Hi,I did a Google Search for Heads Up Display and saw the pics and read the descriptions.The HUD is without any bitmap, but for the cost of a few FPS.It had to look and function as the R/C HGS, in use in some Boeing Aircraft.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Bassy

No bitmaps???Wow, I tried to use no bitmaps but failed.Can I ask you the code? or is it possible to mail me the code?or can you post the code?Thanks,Bassy

Hallo,Just Polylines and Text Elements, which also can rotate and shift!Give you a hint:The flightpath ladder is a text e.g. -10 bar;-10 I-------------__________________-------------I -10The only bitmap is of course the HUD Frame.Do a search here in the forum for "hud"!It is just the fun to find out yourself, so I will not "publish".Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Bassy

Thanks Jan,I try it tommorow, at the moment I am a bit dru....nk, BBQ with the miss's :()Let you know about it.Nice weekendBassy