Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gosta

What a way to celebrate -- shoot your gun when you grease a landing.....

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Many times when flying a certain airbus i've wished for a gun}( Mark

Most times when flying any jet i've wished for a gin ;) As a pax, of course.J

Sorry. I posted the same news item. :-hah --Roger

"Sorry. I posted the same news item."I was surprised I posted it first--one of my coworkers this morning read the ap report on this. I am eager to hear the details on this one--and quite seriously thought about titling the thread "What a way to become celibate--shoot your gun....."I guess one thing can be said about this--anyone thinking of creating a ruckus on an airplane should think twice, because this would lead me to believe "safety's are off" when it comes to pilots carrying weapons.I will remember next time when I deplane to not say anything about a pilot's landing that I wouldn't want said about one of my own.JC

>>I will remember next time when I deplane to not say anything about a pilot's landing that I wouldn't want said about one of my own.<<:-lol

JC,After I read my,"Sorry. I posted the same news item." I thought, My goodness that doesn't read right. What I meant to say was, I didn't realize that you had already posted this item, and that I was sorry.I used to post to a forum, not a sim one, where you were given a short while to edit or delete. On occasion that came in very handy for me. :-) --Roger

I'm sure a gun salute in celebration of a good landing is a lot more entertaining than polite handclapping from the passengers - BUT should that not have happened after the landing, rather than during the approach? :)Cheers,G