Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Flight Instructor Paradox ?

Guest fullstoplanding

Topic for a quiet day on the Forum."Pilots become flight instructors so they don't have to be flight instructors."I know it's used as a bridge to build time,etc., but on the face of it it seems amusing as stated.:-walksmile --Roger

Just having a Commercial Pilot's License doesn't give one the ability to "fly for hire". Pilots become Flight Instructors because it is one of a handful of occupations that is specifically exempt from air carrier / commercial operator regs (and the substantially higher flight time requirements). Once getting your commercial certificate, one could always look for one of the other exempted occupations like pipeline patrol or banner towing, but good luck trying to find one of those jobs. One of the great things about being a CFI is, "once you can teach it, then you know it." Hopefully that contributes to the safety of flight.Rob

That's true in North America, but outside of North America you got guys with bare CPLs and a type rating flying widebody jets.(In fact, with the new MPL license, the amount of actual flying time required to be an FO in your Airbus will be even lower for CPLs...)-Bryan

In the US there are many CPL holders that fly for airlines that are just waiting for the age requirement for the ATPL.

I came within a checkride that could not be scheduled due to holiday's of getting my cfi. Then decided liablity, and a few other factors of timing were not optimum for me at the moment.If I ever get the rating though it will to be an instructor-I am sure there are others. I already have the time..http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/