Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

Overlapping XML Gauges - Screen redraw?

I have been building a panel for a Rutan Boomerang, and it is nearly finished. I am having some attacks of "I'll just add this..." and the latest thing is a somewhat realistic boot sequence for the Mac that is used as the main instrument panel.I am using an XML gauge to mock up the boot screens of Mac OSX, and I have set it to overlap the main flight instruments. I have made a small logic code to control this:(L:Mac_runstate, enum) 0 == if{0 (>L:Mac_run, bool)0 (>L:Mac_Boot_timer, seconds) } (A:Circuit General Panel On, bool) ! if{0 (>L:Mac_runstate, enum)0 (>L:Mac_Boot_timer, seconds) } els{(L:Mac_runstate, enum) 0 == if{1 (>L:Mac_runstate, enum)1 (>L:Mac_Power, bool) } }etc... I haven't added all of it here. The important variables I am using are L:Mac_runstate,enum which controls what 'mode' (eg. startup, shutdown, error windows) the Mac is in. The other variable is L:Mac_run,bool which I use to control visibilty of the flight control gauages displayed on the Mac display.So when the Mac boots, it displays a boot screen for a few seconds, then brings up the flight display. The boot screen is a bitmap that overlays all the seperate gauges behind the Mac 'screen', which is transparent.The problem I have is that sometimes the flight gauges don't referesh. I have not found a way of synchronising the Mac screen bitmaps and the gauges behind it.Does anyone know of a 'global refresh' function that can make all my gauges update at as specific point in the Mac logic routines?There must be one somewhere, as when I change views the gauges are fixed, and stay fixed after that until the next major mode change on the Mac.Cheers,Adrian Esdaile

Hi,(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)?????Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Doh!of course! I didn't use that because I thought it would reset all my L:vars. Of course, I didn't actually TRY it! :-PSo to celebrate, here are some screen shots of the thing finally working!Wow, I might actually get this thing finished!Now, anyone good at flight models?Cheers,

Hi,I use PANEL LIGHTS ON/OFF to force the refresh. However, it has a weak point: you need to program a custom panel lightning routine otherwise you'll come across weird effects at night...Regards,TomPS: I believe RELOAD PANELS makes a total gauge initialization, and I guess this won't fit on what you're looking at as well.