Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike...

The end of XP

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i have a old computer running win98. it is my 'backup' machine for non-FSing tasks. i still get automatic updates for win98. i'm not worried that support for winXP will end anytime soon ... just too many machines out there running the OS.winVISTA has issues at the moment. the greatest in FS there is a good number of winXP software unable at times to 'play well' in the VISTA environment.most times it seems that the VISTA OS also has some 'features' that make what was simple w/XP a chore.in a few more years folks will use VISTA. the same as when folks moved from win98 to winXP.shoot ... there are some folks that still wish that PC's only ran DOS.--

> It's all in the link.What is your point exactly? As of June, XP will no longer be sold (apparently), but that's hardly the end of XP. We've still got a SP to look forward to and plenty of years of support and limited support. You will be able to activate it for years to come, rest assured.And yes, there are versions that don't need to be activated. Mostly enterprise/corporate versions, but even Windows that ships with Dell computers does not need to be activated. This goes for XP and Vista and I know this from my own personal experience.So yeah, this is hardly worth getting excited about...