Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Changing cokpit veiws - permantly

I prefer to fly in the 0.50 zoom view in all aircraft rather then the default 1.0 zoom. What do I need to do so that I don't have to manually change every cockpit view back into the .50 zoom when I load an a/c? Kinda annoying.Jonno.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jonno,In every panel.cfg file, add a section:{Views}VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.5Note: Use square brackets instead of { } If you also want to change the view angle in Cockpit mode, add:VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.0,0.0,0.0,0.0This new zoom setting will NOT be effective untill you reload the aircraft in an existing flight, otherwise the actual zoomsetting from the saved flight is used.ALso note that if you you the ResetZoom function in FS, the zoom is always set to "1.0", NOT to the value you defined above.Cheers, Rob

>ALso note that if you you the ResetZoom function in FS, the>zoom is always set to "1.0", NOT to the value you defined>above.If you have FSUIPC (registered only?), you can set it up to decrease your zoom by at least one level each time the resetzoom function is keyed. (I like 75%, so a single minus after zoomreset works well here. It kind of blinks through two zoom levels, but beats having to hit the minus key after a zoom reset)

Wow... It never ceases to amaze me.. FSUIPC... For 3 years after FS95 and i still use my trusty MS FF1 Joystick have I ever got the mode switch to turn 8 buttons into 16 upon a mode change until FSUIPC. MS gave up basically on the front end drivers for the FF since then. FSUIPc fixed that... And now.. one of my biggest complaints is that of the view reset not resetting to what is in the panel.cfg.. 75% is far closer than 100 although in the .cfg i have it set at 80.. No worries now.THANK YOU FOR THE TIP!! Regards,Roman(KGRB)