Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

CDI vs GPS/FSNAV/ATC

CDI needle indicates approx 2.5 degrees left of center when theaircraft is on course with respect to GPS flight path, FSNAV, and FS ATC. Would appreciate any advise regarding the possible causeof this problem and or remedies. Doesn't seem to matter whichaircraft is used > I've noted the problem while flying aB1900 and Lear 45.Thanks,Ken B.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

All references to any waypoint, vor, airport etc.. can be brutally botched if the designer of an AFCAD missed a few key items. Mainly magdev. An AFCAD takes care of a whole area, where many airports could be invovled.A Gauge, or panel designer relies on only raw data..( If the data is bad from the start this is all moot. ) It would be very, very, very, hard for someone to put in a deviation like that into a panel or gauge. Not impossible, morly improbable.Check the scenery, or, for a diagnoses... Fly somewhere else. Although... 1 bad AFCAD, from what I've heard, can screw the whole WORLD magnetic simulation. ( If totally botched )Rule of thumb... if you dont fly there ( or donot give a rats ) donot download and install it. Regards,Roman[a href=http://www.wheelchairaviators.org]http://online.vatsimindicators.net/820885/1793.png[/a]

Thanks for the input Roman. If a questionable AFCAD is atfault, will just deleting it solve the problem, or isit possible that it has damaged other files which will needto be reinstalled? (I've install several ADD-ON scenerys withAFCADS and I'm wondering if I removing them will completely correct the problem.)Ken B.