Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

gauge request

Most of what you want is solved by an XML-config gauge that Doug Dawson has created.What this XMLconfig file does:- Allows you to define 100 L:Vars (YOUR names), each with an initial value, in a readable.ini file. - The location and name of this .ini file is flexible and is defined in the panel.cfg (as 5th parameter of the gauge definition)- The gauge can be used for any panel and is independant of other instances of the gauge by simply using a renamed copy of the gauge and another .ini file- Upon exit of FS (or reloading a flight / reloading the aircraft) the current values of the defined L:Vars are written back to the .ini file.I don't think Doug has published this gauge seperately, but if you download our COP package (rcbco-20.zip) you'll find an example of how the gauge is used. (files COP_Config.gau and COP_Config.ini).Regards, Rob

Doug took my "blackbox" C gauge and expanded it tremendously... ;) I still have the (unreleased) "blackbox" available, but Doug's implementation is more "robust," as mine only saves up to 20 L:vars, as well as 20 C type variables.I have a "blackbox" C gauge programmed that will allow you to save up to 20 variables from an XML gauge and 20 C type variables to a .dat file (ASCII text) to a specified folder on your hard drive.If this would meet your needs, I'll be happy to send it to you with some instructions... ;)Write to me n4gix@comcast.net if this might be of help.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Schulli

your gauge would be interesting to me, but it is not exactly what i need. because it stores the values only one time at end of flight. i need one that writes continously the values (if they are changed) into a file or just when i push a special key (event button). the xml part is not the problem for me. the ini file is a very good idea. there i could define how many values, the kind of reporting (continously, triggered or both together) and how started & ended (via t/o & touchdown or via switch). i need the possibility for up to 100 values. also i need a timecode recorded (UTC or started with 0).for you experts it may be quite simple to write the c-part i need, i hope.

My gauges is very "generic," and will only save 20 "C type variables" and/or 20 L: type variables.I honestly don't have the time to expand on it further or even write the documentation, which is why I've never released it (to the public) yet... ;)Doug Dawson might be able to expand his version of the "blackbox" to accomodate your immediate needs, especially since it already supports up to 100 variables.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Ron Freimuth

....>need one that writes continously the values (if they are>changed) into a file or just when i push a special key (event>button). >the xml part is not the problem for me. >>the ini file is a very good idea. there i could define how>many values, the kind of reporting (continously, triggered or>both together) and how started & ended (via t/o & touchdown or>via switch). i need the possibility for up to 100 values. also>i need a timecode recorded (UTC or started with 0). ... John, You need to try Doug's recent logging gauge. It logs L:, K:, and, I think, C variables. As set in its .ini file. You can plot the data in Excel. You can also write an RPN expression in the .ini file and log a calculation that's not in your XML gauges. You can scan through the variables on the panel part and see one at a time. Start, stop logging, etc. It doesn't set variables, that's something else. I think I have the last version: 02/06/2005 02:48 PM 86,634 dsd_diagnostics.zip Email me if you want it. If anyone knows of a more recent version, let me know. Ron

Ron,The version you have is still current. I haven't done anything with it since.I think what Schulli is looking for will have to be RGB(0,0,0) and will involve a bunch of code from that gauge as well as from the xml config gauge previously discussed.Schulli - how frequently is 'continuously'? This has the potential to produce very large files if not handled with care.Doug

Guest Schulli

@ddawson: continuously would be 1 time per second. BUT: i only need to save the varibles, if one of them changes. for example: if i save engine datas and i

Guest Ron Freimuth

>@ddawson: >continuously would be 1 time per second. BUT: i only need to>save the varibles, if one of them changes. for example: if i>..>if i have the possibility with a start/stop-switch, i would>not record the whole flight, only the section i need.>>@Ron:>i would try your gauge.it would be nice if you can send me the>file. I'll email Doug's gauge. Yes, you can start/stop it, and scroll through variables on the panel window. However, you may want to communicate with Doug on some details on using it. He mentioned some things in an email to me not covered in the .rtf document. This is quite a powerful gauge, and will log a lot of data if you aren't careful. I might also mention Herve's AFSD V2.44, it has one window you can select useful variables from and log to a file. It can also Predict Jet fuel flow at different FL's, Speeds, etc. Ron