Sign in to follow this  
pve

XML "Reversed Horner scheme"

Hi,As already known (FAQ's) we can SET the frequency of a NAV facility with e.g.:116.90 100 * 10000 % int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int 16 * + 16 * + 16 * + (>K:NAV1_RADIO_SET) (ATL VOR)Is the reverse action possible?i.e.(@c:FlightPlanWaypointFrequency,Frequency BCD16))%!d! reads: 22561 for the ATL VOR.How to add a "factor" to get from this value the normal frequency?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,I doubt if a simple factorization could get you from 22561 to 5776 (116.90).I'm sure it would not be too difficult to invert that process, but I don't understand why 116.90 is reading 22561 as a BCD from the GPS var. I came up with 5776 for 116.90.Arne would certainly be better at this than I would:(--Jon

Jon,I also have no idea, but same frequencys with different ident give the same output (of course)May be I am wrong, but give it a try and report the result.Btw. Didn't find this code in the GPS yet.Maybe it has to do with the MS flightplanner, like FlightPlanDeleteWaypoint and FlightPlanAddWaypoint, which I was not able to implement up until now??Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

>(@c:FlightPlanWaypointFrequency,Frequency BCD16))%!d! reads:>22561 for the ATL VOR.>>How to add a "factor" to get from this value the normal>frequency?Why not simply let FS handle the conversion?%((@c:FlightPlanWaypointFrequency,Frequency, MHz))%!6.2f!%After all, this works!%((@c:WaypointAirportFrequencyValue,Mhz) 100 * near d 100 div)%!03d!.{fnt1}%(100 %)%!02d!%

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Fr. Bill,That is just the problem, it doesn't (at least for me)See the other threat about waypointfreq.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

HiATL VOR = 22561 = 116.90DTY " = 20517 = 116.40LIC NDB = 2129 = 545WOD NDB = 1381 = 352Just add maths guru!pve

Paul EGLD