Sign in to follow this  
Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Hydraulic Switch

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

I am trying to make a switch that turns the Hydraulics on and off. I have looked through the forum and found out that you can use K:TOGGLE_HYDRAULIC_FAILURE, and this turns the hydraulics on and off. But what goes in the . I have been banging my head against the wall for the last two days trying to work this out. :-grrAlso added apu using engine 3 but when throttles are advanced the engine increase speed, is ther anyway to stop this?

>I am trying to make a switch that turns the Hydraulics on and>off. I have looked through the forum and found out that you>can use K:TOGGLE_HYDRAULIC_FAILURE, and this turns the>hydraulics on and off. But what goes in the . I have>been banging my head against the wall for the last two days>trying to work this out. :-grrActually, failure toggles only toggle a failure and won't reenable a system (you need to go to the menus to "un-fail" it).(>K:TOGGLE_HYDRAULIC_FAILURE)>Also added apu using engine 3 but when throttles are advanced>the engine increase speed, is ther anyway to stop this?You can sort of... test for any indication the engine has gone beyond idle (it. throttle position, N1, etc) then use an AXIS SET. i.e. (A:GENERAL ENG3 THROTTLE LEVER POSITION,percent) 0 > if{ 0 (>K:AXIS_THROTTLE3_SET) }What it should do is continually set the logical throttle to zero, while your physical throttle will continually try to set it to match the physical throttle. So you'll end up with a fight, probably making the logical throttle bounce between 0% and 10%'ish.Of course, I've not tried any of the above, so your mileage may vary.

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Thanks for the reply. Is there another way to make the hydraulic go on and off with out having to go to the menu to renable the system? at the moment I am using dummy gauges and would like the hydraulic system not to work untill the switches are enabled.Also is there another way to make a apu work, other than using engine 3 ?

>Thanks for the reply. Is there another way to make the>hydraulic go on and off with out having to go to the menu to>renable the system? at the moment I am using dummy gauges and>would like the hydraulic system not to work untill the>switches are enabled.You could use code similar to the throttle axis setting for each flight control and gear... if your (L:var,bool) or (G:Var1) isn't true, and the flight controls are moved beyond neutral, you can force them back to zero (you get a fight like above, but it doesn't limit things severely).

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Does anybody no a xml that will turn the hydraulics off and on ????Got to be a code for it as a payware product I have does it. flaps, gear, rudder, elevator and aileron do not work untill hydraulic switches are turn on.

Hi,It is possible to design an almost 100% realistic hydraulic system for any aircraft.I mean pressure readings, engine, electric and air driven pumps, rat, lines, motors and switches etc.You have to build in things like overheat, leakage, electric-, pneumatic-, engine failures etc.When finally conditions meet a certain point a hydraulic failure develops. Of course you have to use L:Var's.A little example:When EGT more than 10 minutes higher than a certain value,then engine pump overheats which resuls in a shutdown of the corresponding hydraulic system.When the standby elec- or air pumpswitch is off it becomes impossible to use the ailerons.Switching this pump on recovers the function.In this simple example you have to use also a K-event, which SETS the ailerons and some P: and A:Var's.So in xml (code not used anywhere!!!!!):(A:General eng exhaust gas temperature, celsius) 650 > if{ (P:Absolute time,minutes) 10 + (>L:egttimer,number) } (P:Absolute time,minutes) (L:egttimer,number) > (A:General eng exhaust gas temperature, celsius) 650 > (L:standby pump,bool) ! && && if{ (L:hydraulic pressure,psi) 10 - 0 max (>L:hydraulic pressure,psi) } els{ (L:hydraulic pressure,psi) 10 + 3000 min (>L:hydraulic pressure,psi) }(L:hydraulic pressure,psi) 1000 < if{ 0 (>K:AILERON_SET) } els{ (0) } Imagination is the limit."Constructing" systems demands investigation, testing and much time, but gives a lot of satisfaction.Use of the MS Hyd Var's is possible but very limited.I never use (>K:Toggle Hydraulic Failure) Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Thanks for you reply. In your example you use (>K:AILERON_SET) could this be used in a switch on it own ? Just Thinking as I have 4 Hydraulic pump switches and no pressure gauges at the moment, if it is possible to use (>K:AILERON_SET) as a switch, without looking in the sdk I am gessing there is one for the Gear, Rudder,and Elevator, so I could use the switchs to make it look like you can turn the hydraulics on and off, while I learn more about xml programming. Only been doing xml a couple of months.

Hi,First, I second what Jan stated in his post. With a bit of imagination mixed with some XML programming skill, you can build a very "real" failure system for hydraulics, engines, etc, with no need to use TOGGLE_SYSXXX_FAILURE events at all.In fact, I even wasn't able to make TOGGLE__HYD_FAILURE produce any effect on my a/c, appart from dropping A:SystemIntegrity related variable to 0.Second,and going to your question, you need to use XML code to command Flight Controls' events. Be aware that, every time you move the joystick/yoke, or use the keyboard-related keys, you are commanding a (FC)_SET event, therefore FS will react accordingly. So, if you did a 0 (>K:AILERON_SET) when a pump switch is toggled OFF and then move the joystick, ailerons will go to the new commanded position.Working with K:_SET events will give you great possibilities if you want to control your a/c behavior, tough it is not an easy task.Using your example, if you want to command the ailerons by code, you may start by putting some code inside K:AXIS_AILERONS_SET event (if you have a joystick/yoke); maybe after a bit of XML practice :-)Regards,Tom

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Have made 5 switches all using the k:var so when they are turned on, they stop the Aileron,Rudder,Elevator,Flaps, and Gear from working, then changed my switch bitmps so when the gauge looks on in the panel it is realy off. Thanks to everyone who replied do not think I could have done this without your help. cheers.