Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

yoke\Stick animation problem

Hi 3D builder I am tryng to animate in Gmax the yokeStick like the elicopter,In reading the forum the method is to place a dummy box and rename it lever_stick_fore_aft_01, animate it on frame 0 to fore movement 50 idle and 100 Aft, after that place a 3D stick modeled a named lever_stick_l_r_01 with the pivot point at same place of the box pivot point animate it left 0 idle 50 right 100.Now I have linked the 3D stik to the box and the box link to interior or extirior.When I run FS the 3d stick only mouve left and right but no Fore and Aft .I try several time but no succes I olso revert the movement wich work but on the 2 axis .Any idea what's wrong.Thank's for suggestion

>Hi 3D builder >I am tryng to animate in Gmax the yokeStick like the>elicopter,>In reading the forum the method is to place a dummy box and>rename it lever_stick_fore_aft_01, animate it on frame 0 to>fore movement 50 idle and 100 AftI'm guessing that you used a GMax "Dummy Node" rather than an actual 3d "box."Do NOT use GMax "Dummy Nodes or Points" under the "Helpers" Tab. Animation is stripped from them when exporting...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you Bill for your reply you already help me one's with landing light stuff and that is the second so one day I should pay you a pizza and a beer if you come in italy.It work's like a knife, there are several post wich they say dummy so here my mistake, on the example of the curtis jenny there is a polygon but there is olso a control box in plus, I was thinking it was a Dummy but what this controlbox serve for?

It was an unfortunate choice of words that MS used in their SDK when they referred to control nodes as "Dummies," because of it's similarity to the GMax term "Dummy Helper." They are NOT the same thing.If you need to create an "invisible control node," that will be used for animation, then it MUST have geometry, otherwise the export module will strip out the animation information.On the other hand, if the "control node" will never have animation, but is used instead for conditional appearance, then you could - in fact - use a GMax "Dummy Helper" or "Point Helper" instead of actual geometry.The safest course of action then, is to always use actual geometry for your "control nodes," else you run the risk of getting the two confused.For the exterior and interior control nodes, for example, I simply create a small cube .1mm x .1mm x .1 mm centered at the origin (0,0,0). I then clone that cube and rename it anytime I need another control node

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator