Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

DANG! more minipanel wows

so, i renamed the original gauge folder and made a new one with the gauges for my panel.after i thought i had the minipanel sorted out, i replaced all the original gauges and found that fs9 has a default array of gauges that show up in the minipanel. please tell me there is a way to get rid of them, useing some tweek to the panel cfg. i want to use my own minipanel design.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had the same problem a while ago. I can't remember exactly what I changed to overcome it but the following panel.cfg uses gauges I selected for the mini panel - not the default ones. I think (but again can't remember) that it may have been necessary to make the minipanel Window02. I hope this helps.// Panel Configuration file// Hawker Cygnet// Copyright © 2004-2005 Gerry Howard. All rights reserved.// Cygnet pitch trim by Robert Sanderson[Window Titles]Window00=Main PanelWindow02=Mini Panel[Window00]file_1024=Cygnet_Panel.bmpsize_mm=1024,768position=7visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELgauge01=Piper_J3Cub!compass, 465, 550, 120,120gauge02=DeHavilland_Comet!Altimeter, 642, 458gauge03=Spirit_of_StLouis!spirit_asi, 465, 410gauge04=Cygnet!Cygnet_Pitch_Trim, 840,590gauge05=fs9_clock!Clock, 655,600,92,92gauge06=Spirit_of_StLouis!spirit_rpm, 300, 458gauge07=Spirit_of_StLouis!spirit_oil_pressure, 150, 650gauge08=Spirit_of_StLouis!spirit_oil_temp, 230, 650gauge09=Spirit_of_StLouis!spirit_mag_switch, 180, 530gauge10=Spirit_of_StLouis!spirit_fueltap, 675, 690gauge11=Piper_J3Cub!fuel, 513, 191gauge12=SimIcons1024!Kneeboard Icon, 912, 680[Window02]position=7size_mm=500,125child_3d=1background_color=0,0,0ident=MINIPANELgauge00=Spirit_of_StLouis!spirit_asi,0,0gauge01=Piper_J3Cub!compass,125,0gauge02=DeHavilland_Comet!Altimeter,250,0 gauge03=Spirit_of_StLouis!spirit_rpm,375,0[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=6143Day=255,255,255Night=233,108,107Luminous=201,64,64// Following 3 lines from RS[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.500, 0.000, 0.000

i have 2 windows overlayed in the minnipanel.i got rid of child_3d=1 in the config line, minipanel still works with out it. and i am useing the parameter type=MINIPANEL rather then ident=MINIPANEL. see the previous post on minipanels.the default minipanel gauges are in thier own seperate window (#3).( i know because it is layed across the 'c coded' radar gauge, which bleeds through any gauge placed on top of it, and there is no draw conflict)so i guess i could close it...if i knew what window.it did not add an ident to the VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS, so i do not know what ident the default window has.i have the dsd_window status gauge but there are 1000s window possibilities to check...in the previous discusion on 'can i see minipanel with dsd gauge', i was battling my hud setup which used 3 windows to hold huds of different colors. i got off my lazy backside and made an XML HUD, with color changes built in-thx phjvh & nickpike. so that dragon is dead. before the xml hud i learned a couple of tricks about the minipanel and the 'type' parameter. but it seems there are minipanel secrets yet undiscoverd by me. cutoff from the default gauge folder fs9 does not draw these default gauges...was this other mystery window open all along....dunno, but i think it probably was.

right you are!please forgive my skeptisim, if you looked at my earlier posts you would see that i started with ident=MINIPANEL but could not get the default functions to work with the other 2 panels i had attached to my minipanel. after some re-reading of the panel sdk i found that MINIPANEL is actually a type call,MINI_CONTROLS_PANEL is the correct window name according to the sdk. by useing the type=MINIPANEL i was able to designate as many minipanels as i wanted. ( system of overlays) and get the correct default key call proporites. your solution seemed to simplistic, and your panel config not nearly as complex as the one i am working on. but there lies the ripp...lifes truths are usually simple. gouded by your certainty i named the ident of one of my minnipanels back to MINIPANEL.ADDENDEM TO PANEL SDK.type=MINIPANELall type=MINIPANEL windows will toggle on/off pressing of the 'w' keythere can be multiple type=MINIPANEL.(per mpg, user id unknown??) if there is no Ident=MINIPANEL a default window containing a default MINIPANEL will be displayed.Ident=MINIPANEL will also toggle on/off with 'w' key WITH OR WITHOUT TYPE DESIGNATIONident=MINIPANEL is limited to a single window ( ident conflict)a single window may have Ident=MINIPANEL and type=MINIPANEL (1 WINDOW)ident=MINIPANEL will lie on top of other type=MINIPANEL ( hierarcy goes from high ident numbers to low, with higher numbers above the lower, the same as the gauge hieracy in panel cfg.ident=MINI_CONTROLS_PANEL does not toggle on/off with 'w' key unless type=MINNIPANEL is present in window.( a more or less usless window ident regaurdless of SDK sanction)Bill LEARNING promissed to inform us what type=SPECIAL for pseudo panel windows means.a little closer to understandng the mysterious workings of the panel cfg.thx mpg! how come your profile does not exist and you can still post...you an avsim lord?i also came accross http://www.bobholland.com/fs/howto3.htm a little tutorial about minipanels.

>Bill LEARNING promissed to inform us what type=SPECIAL for>pseudo panel windows means.I still do not have a definitive answer to this question, but will keep up the efforts... ;)