Sign in to follow this  
Cessnaflyer

Plane hits power lines

At the beginning of that video... That plane is hanging on *by a thread*. Thankfully it wasn't too blustery that day. If they can get the plane down, it looks like it won't be too bad of a repair job. (excepting the prop and engine if it got thrown out of balance)-Greg

Guest byoungblood

A simliar incident happened at my local county airport 6-7 years ago. A pilot thought he had plenty of fuel to make it down to his stop for the evening without having to stop at his planned refuel point about an hour north of here. He ended up running out of gas, but was close enough to try to make a shot at landing at the airport here (KRYY). He ended up too low and got hung up in some high-tension lines about 3/4 mile off the end of the runway, which have a dip in them to accomodate the runway protection zone to begin with. He hung there for about two hours before the fire department was able to get the power shut off and get a ladder up there to extract them safely from the airplane. I don't know what ended up happening to the airplane.

This actually happens fairly regularly with small planes.Here is one of my favorites from my home airporthttp://www.ladder54.com/Photosplane.htmI don't know how he ended up doing this because the hangars around this airport are only a few feet shorter then the power lines. This is also at a very busy controlled airport! It shows any idiot can get a pilots license!