Sign in to follow this  
dragonflightdesign

fsxgauges.h file

I've just uploaded a new gauges.h file for FSX (fsxgauges.h - filename fsxgauges.zip - ach! I've just realised what a stupid name that is!). It contains the usual bucketload of corrections and backwards-compatibility code. There's a whole load of new stuff in it compared to fs9gauges.h and I'm not even going to attempt to list it. I've marked all my additions as//***************************//Dragonflight Design change//***************************and//***************************//End change//***************************but I confess I didn't mark all of the aliases added into the gauges token list.Any problems please let me know; I've just compiled my current project with this updated file and it runs okay under FS9 and FSX.-Dai

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dai; Thanks. There are a pair of duplicate macro defs at line 5272 and line 5275 (LIGHT_LISTELEMENT and DARKEN_LISTELEMENT). I see that you changed the name of the HIDE_ELEMENT and SHOW_ELEMENT macros from the FS2004 version...was that intentional?CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Hi BobThanks for the duplicates info. I don't recall changing any macro names as it was mostly a cut-paste-compile-aaargh!! excercise. Point me in the right direction?-Dai

>Hi Bob>>Thanks for the duplicates info. I don't recall changing any>macro names as it was mostly a cut-paste-compile-aaargh!!>excercise. Point me in the right direction?>>-Dai>

Ah - gotcha. They're two different macro types: SHOW/HIDE_ELEMENT works only in the macro callback and references that macro only, whereas SHOW/HIDE_LISTELEMENT allows you to call a whole bunch of macros by their plist number all at the same time from the gauge callback routine(s). _ELEMENT is not 100% reliable; M$ broke it with the release of FS2K and it hasn't been fixed since. Or maybe it wasn't broken, just corrected... hmmm... never thought of that.-Dai