Sign in to follow this  
adr179

Doug's sound and config gauge in FSX

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi All,Has anyone tested Doug Dawson's XML sound and config gauge in FSX? Will those C gauges work in FSX and if yes, what must be done to bring them to work? Unfortunately I couldn't test it myself because I didn't have FSX but would like to make an update of my panels for FSX too.Hope someone could answer this questions.Best RegardsMatthias

Matthias,They both seem to make the transition fairly well - they do both work in FSX. I have done an FSX specific of the sound gauge - it removes a couple of the features that don't work in FSX. These changes aren't critical, but will make the gauge a little easier on cpu use.I have code signed versions of both gauges available now. I'll send them along later today.Doug

Hi Doug,Thank you very much for your soon answer. Both gauges are absolutely great and a big enhancement for XML gauges. I'm looking forward to your update.Best RegardsMatthias

Hi Matthias,I can gladly confirm that Doug's signed FSX versions of these gauges work perfect (Doug: that is, the generic versions do ...LOL).However, if you don't have FSX yourself to test with, I would hesitate to release FSX versions of your panels, since (in general) some things simply don't work in FSX anymore (or work differently).Like the handling in XML.Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob,About the FSX test: It will take some time until I get a new computer which is necessary for FSX (my old one is much too slow). Nevertheless my new version(s) will be tested from some flightsimmers using FSX. The FS98 gauges I've used in older versions are already replaced with new XML gauges. I also read the topic about the On Event problem. I have them in the main panel (where needed), so I wait for the report. If it won't work, I'm going to replace them and make a separate FSX version.Doug, do you upload the new updates here in the library or do you post them here in the forum?Best RegardsMatthias

Hi Matthias, Doug, RobThe dfd_fsx_xml_sound.dll works as a charm on my system, so Matthias, full steam ahead.And a big THANK YOU Mr.Dawson!