Sign in to follow this  
pve

How to rotate a bitmap or polygon.

Hi all (A:NAV1 DME,nmiles) 3.4 * (L:HSI RANGE, number) 80 / /(A:NAV1 RADIAL,Radians) (A:GPS GROUND MAGNETIC TRACK, Radians) - Puts a bitmap or poly over or near your waypoint or navaid in the EHSI but how can you rotate the image.

Paul EGLD

Hi,May be it helps to add:.....Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi Jan I have a shift and rotate to locate the bitmap position, Can I have another rotate to turn the bitmap in the same element.

Paul EGLD

Hi Paul,You might use and to locate the bmp position, and then rotate the bitmap as wished, (ie over its axis).Tom

Hello Tom Yes that could solve it, Can you give an example of the Shift x and Y Syntax. I have not seen this before and not making any progress. Paul

Paul EGLD

Hi Paul,This comes from an unfinished code of my ND that is still in development, but could be a useful example.First I place the bmp ref coordinates (0,0) on the upper vertex of the aircraft symbol. Then use this: @ValidInt @XposInt@YposInt **** Now that the bmp is properly positioned, from here you can proceed to rotate it as wished *****and the macros: (L:WpAngle,radians) sin (@c:NearestIntersectionCurrentDistance,nmiles) * /-/ (L:WpAngle,radians) cos (@c:NearestIntersectionCurrentDistance,nmiles) * /-/ :0 (L:IntCL,enum) s0 (>@c:NearestIntersectionCurrentLine) l0 5 < if{ l0 ++ (>L:IntCL,enum) g0 } (@c:NearestIntersectionCurrentTrueBearing,radians) (A:GPS MAGVAR, radians) - (A:GPS Ground Magnetic Track, radians) - /-/ (>L:WpAngle,radians) 1Hope this makes sense to you :-)Tom

Hello Tom Nice one, got what I needed works OK. Now added (L:SetHoldTrack, degrees) can change inbound track in FMC (L:TurnDirectionHold,number) 1 == (L:SetHoldTrack, degrees) dgrd (A:GPS Ground Magnetic Track, radians) - (L:Holdrad,radians) (A:GPS MAGVAR, radians) - (A:GPS Ground Magnetic Track, radians) - /-/ cos (L:Holddist, nmiles) * /-/ (L:HSI RANGE, number) 80 / /(L:Holdrad,radians) (A:GPS MAGVAR, radians) - (A:GPS Ground Magnetic Track, radians) - /-/ sin (L:Holddist, nmiles) * /-/ (L:HSI RANGE, number) 80 / / Got work out how to draw a hold pattern with polyline now. Thanks Paul

Paul EGLD