Sign in to follow this  
dmaher

Ace.exe preview problems

Hello, I am trying to learn a bit of gauge programming. I am trying to do the tutorial in the FSX SDK, where you create a fuel pressure gauge. I have some problems with the preview in the ace.exe program, it won't show anything. If I extract a cab-file from, say, the Extra 300 and open one of those gauges in the ace program, the preview works fine. I (think) have set up the ArtDirectory correct, I have tried both the full path to the folder where the files are, and also by using inly a '.', which I saw the files from the cab files had.I haven't tried creating a cab file and try it in game yet, but will try now, and return with the results.Thanks,Klasseedit2: Tried it in FSX, worked perfectely.edit: Oh, I thought you might want to see the code:

<SimBase.Document		Type="AceXML"		version="1,0"		id="FuelPressure">	<Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>	<Filename>FuelPressure.xml</Filename>	<SimGauge.Gauge id="Gauge" ArtDirectory=".">		<FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>		<Image id="FuelPressureBackground.bmp" Name="FuelPressureBackground.bmp">			<Transparent>True</Transparent>		</Image>		<Element id="Fixed Text">			<FloatPosition>5.000,10.000</FloatPosition>			<GaugeText id="GaugeText">				<FontFace>Arial</FontFace>				<FontColor>Gold</FontColor>				<FontHeight>13</FontHeight>				<GaugeString>Fuel Pressure</GaugeString>				<Size>90,15</Size>				<Transparent>True</Transparent>			</GaugeText>		</Element>		<Element id="Output box">			<FloatPosition>5.000,40.000</FloatPosition>			<Rectangle id="Rectangle">				<LineWidth>1</LineWidth>				<Width>90</Width>				<Height>24</Height>				<LineColor>darkslateblue</LineColor>				<FillColor>black</FillColor>			</Rectangle>		</Element>		<Element id="Display Text">			<FloatPosition>10.000,44.000</FloatPosition>			<GaugeText id="GaugeText">				<FontFace>Courier</FontFace>				<FontColor>red</FontColor>				<FontHeight>16</FontHeight>				<GaugeString>%( (A:GENERAL ENG FUEL PRESSURE:1, psi) )%!09d!</GaugeString>				<Size>90,16</Size>				<Transparent>True</Transparent>				<VerticalAlign>CENTER</VerticalAlign>			</GaugeText>		</Element>	</SimGauge.Gauge></SimBase.Document>

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't work with XML except in very, very rare instances, but I did take a moment to look at the ace.exe program...After updating the path for the Art Directory, I was at least able to see the artwork on the F5 "Design" window, but as reported here, F6 presents only an empty, "Green Screen..."

Bill, Thanks for confirming it works. I went back and found a size attribute in the first set of gauge properties that was set to 0,0. Once this size is set to something reasonable