Sign in to follow this  
simbio

info on material texture

I am tryng to archive the same method of leveld on enlight only part wich have a turn on-off on the VC, if you use standard fs method once you turn on any light every light material is on.Another unknow problem is my windshield I have created and animated, I menage to compile them alone but when I try to compile them with my model I get stuck, i have tried to craete another single polygon animate it but no menage to compile with the aircraft.If some one want to try i can send the gmax file to test with their cration and see if is maybe a bug due the fact of the strange rotation of the axis I have change the axis pivot and use this value X:0 Y:-36 Z:123.5, after I have animate the X axis on rotate it from 0-50.http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/4905/testfz7.jpgThanks for suggestionSimbio

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Simbio,>I am tryng to archive the same method of leveld on enlight>only part wich have a turn on-off on the VC, if you use>standard fs method once you turn on any light every light>material is on.Yes, in FSX, all textures are now either full on (255,255,255), or full off (0), and the solution to this is known by a small number of us that are developing commercially, but will not become public knowledge for some time to maintain a competitive edge.If you think it through and are proficient in C++, you'll find a solution eventually.>Another unknow problem is my windshield I have created and>animated, I menage to compile them alone but when I try to>compile them with my model I get stuck, i have tried to craete>another single polygon animate it but no menage to compile>with the aircraft.Not sure form your picture what you are doing at all, but if you did not use the attach tool correctly, you can run into problems. Check the dope sheet (or do they not have that in GMax?) to verify that you have code attached to the part.Good luck.

Working code and a description of how to implement wipers in a model's XML is here: http://freeflightdesign.com in the "XML Code" forum.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Patrick and Bill I am still working on FS9 but I will also create the FSX version soon.About the windshield:My windshield, that you see, are attach to the fuselage and i want them to be animate when is raining, in the external model, not on the vc, of course there will be also in the VC, but not with this release.I menage to compile everithing but once i add animation to those polygon it dosen't compile it.I even change and create only one face poly with the same pivot angle so it turn correctly on the glass but no way to compile it.I have insert in the makemdl.parts.xml the code from bill but i don't think is the problem here but who know :(For the material light well I raise my hand and say I am sorry for that i hope one day to see the way @-@.By the way thank you for answer me :-)