Sign in to follow this  
xkoote

Aircraft merge

Guest airbuslove

Hi, i need a help. I want to merge wilco publishing A320 edition with overland Model. But i Want to have Aircraft model by overland and 2D panel and virtual cockpit made from wilco. I try to mix these models with following instructions:1st : Copy IFDG model in Wilco's Aircraft, BackUp/Replace the model2nd : Copy the Contact Points of IFDG and replace wilco's ( aircraft.cfg)3rd : Copy "LIGHTS" effect of IFDG and Replace Wilco's ( aircraft.cfg)BUt!!! When i made this, next i changed textures, and started the Flight Simulator 2004, but the model was under the ground, virtual cockpit wasn't here...Please help. Becouse next i want to try to merge wilco A330/340 with overland or CLS A330/340. Thanks...

Since the virtual cockpit is part OF the model, you are attempting the impossible... :-roll

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

but the model was under the ground, static_cg_height=in the aircraft.cfg might solve this

Hello all,I posted regarding Overland's A330 and Wilco's panel and had the same problem. I solved it on my own. As you know, contact points are referenced to the .cfg reference datum. On the A330 there's a 6 foot difference between the datums of the two. So you would have to add/subract the difference for all contact points, llights and views. It's doable. Now I have everything set up and have the Overland Airbus series merged with the Wilco panel. It look awesome. Now I have the following problem. After trying a whole day with different combinations I gave up. I can not get all liveries entered in the Aircraft.cfg to show up. I started with KLM and KLM with VC. Both showed up, next I added Air France dirty (w and wo VC) and Air France Clean (w and wo VC), so entries 0 through 5. I copied the KLM entries 3 times over and changed the relevant values. Went back into FS and only KLM shows up. After trying various combinations, I have gotten VC and no VC models of one paint, but never more than one airline. No matter what I do I only get one airline livery.Does anyone know what I should do? This is what I have now:[fltsim.0]title=Feelthere A330-200 GE Airbussim=FeelThere_A330-200sound=GEmodel=ge2texture=klmatc_airline=KLMpanel=checklists=atc_id=KLM001atc_flight_number=PH-AOHatc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=FeelThere/Wilco Airbus Series Vol 2ui_type=A330-200 GEui_variation=KLM Royal Dutch Airlinesvisual_damage=1description=Airbus Series Vol.2nDeveloped by www.feelThere.com nPublished by Wilco Publishing www.wilcopub.comnnSupport at www.wilcopub.com[fltsim.1]title=Feelthere A330-200 GE Airbussim=FeelThere_A330-200model=ge2panel=sound=GEtexture=afckb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=F-ABAAatc_airline=Air Franceatc_flight_number=001atc_parking_types=GATE,CARGO,RAMPatc_parking_codes=AFRui_manufacturer=FeelThere/Wilco Airbus Series Vol 2ui_type=A330-200 GEui_variation=Air Francedescription=Airbus Series Vol.2nDeveloped by www.feelThere.com nPublished by Wilco Publishing www.wilcopub.comnnSupport at www.wilcopub.comvisual_damage=1atc_heavy=1As you see, I even copied the entry from a different aircraft and entered them manually to change things up, still I only get KLM to show up in FS.Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

That's simple. Each title= line must be unique for every livery:title=Feelthere A330-200 GE Airbus.klmtitle=Feelthere A330-200 GE Airbus.afctitle=Feelthere A330-200 GE Airbus.etc

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If only everything was that simple, thanks !I knew i was overlooking something.Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777