Sign in to follow this  
Guest Epanel

High Quality Panel Bitmaps

Guest Epanel

Hey,I've recently been in a 737-800 cockpit and I got lots of photos for a panel. I took the photos with one of the highest quality cameras on the market ( 10 megapixel canon 400d ). Now, I have turned the panel to indexed colour and put it on flight sim ( my panel is 1024-768 ). However, the panel looks like it has been magnified a few times. It's hard to explain so look at the picture attachments. Can anybody tell me why this is happening? What do I need to do? Edward, you're good at this, could you help me? Thanks guys!attachment 1 - when it's on flight simattachment 2 - in photoshop ( indexed colour )regardsJonathanLove the smell of jet fuel in the morning!

Guest Epanel

Hi Bob,Yea I know, the moderators always delete them! Anyway, on flight sim the colour changes more drastically than on photoshop ( on 8 bit indexed colour ). This can make it almost 'stripey'.Please Help!regardsJonathanLove the sound of them GE engines roar!

Try adding just a touch of gaussian blur before downcoverting to 8bits...I've never had a screenshot removed by a moderator. But then I always make sure to follow the website's guidelines WRT to maximum dimensions...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Epanel

OK, I'll try that. How much gaussian blur should I add? ( rough number ). That seems like it would decrease the quality of the image quite considerably?Also, I followed the guidelines but it was removed by an administratorregardsJonathanLove the sound of them GE engines roar!

>OK, I'll try that. How much gaussian blur should I add? (>rough number ). That seems like it would decrease the quality>of the image quite considerably?See my Wiki entry here: http://forums.flightsim.com/fswiki/index.p...radient_BandingGraphics: Removing Gradient BandingThere are two ways to remove banding. Both may not work on a given application.1. Select the area with banding. Apply 3-5 percent of Gaussian noise. The noise pixels will often break up the bandings and produce a smoother appearance.2. This is the likely method to use for MSFS using a final bitmap with 256 colors. Select the area with banding. Apply 50-75 percent motion blur at an angle 90-degrees to the banding. >Also, I followed the guidelines but it was removed by an>administratorOh, I see. Whoever it was probably didn't read that these were pictures taken by yourself!There is a firm ban on all real photos that come from sites such as Airliners.net but this should not include pictures taken by the poster!I find it very odd that no notice was made by the Moderator that the pictures were removed "for cause..."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Epanel

I have fixed it now, I just had to sharpen the image, thanks anyway Bill!regardsJonathanLove the sound of them GE engines roar!