Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Familton

Custom Cameras - Spot View - FSX

Has anyone had any success creating a "Custom Camera" definition for the Spot Views?I'm trying to create the two cameras with a closer initial x,y,z position to compensate for the exaggerated radius of the Cirrus SR20/22/22T models in FSX.Moving the camera manually (Ctrl-minus key) works just fine, but I'd rather the camera start out at the right location... These are the two entries I've been trying, but so far with no success:[CameraDefinition.01]Title = SpotGuid = {BCA3FDD3-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00C}Description = This is the description of the spot view.Origin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = OrdinalSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = FlatChaseShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 1.0SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 0.2, 0.2, 0.2InitialPbh = 5, 0, 90XyzAdjust = TRUETransition = YesShowLensFlare=TRUECategory = OutsideClipMode = SpotPitchPanRate=30HeadingPanRate=75PanAcceleratorTime=0//CycleHidden=Yes[CameraDefinition.02]Title = Locked SpotGuid = {BCA3FDD6-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00D}Description = This is the description of the locked spot view.Origin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = FlatChaseLockedShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 2.0SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0InitialPbh = 5, 0, 90XyzAdjust = TRUETransition = YesShowLensFlare=TRUECategory = OutsideClipMode = SpotPitchPanRate=30HeadingPanRate=75PanAcceleratorTime=0HotKeySelect=3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

SWAG - wouldn't it be that your InitialXyz positions are TOO CLOSE to the origin (0,0,0) point?Also - I assume that you're adding this to the aircraft.cfg rather than the cameras.cfg file?Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

>SWAG - wouldn't it be that your InitialXyz positions are TOO>CLOSE to the origin (0,0,0) point?>>Also - I assume that you're adding this to the aircraft.cfg>rather than the cameras.cfg file?Yes, in the aircraft.cfg file as an override for the default entry in the cameras.cfg file.The InitialXyz parameters are in meters, so I don't think I'm too close...

Hi Bill. I added your camera views to a Cirrus CR 20 V2 Six by GK plane. They worked great. Which plane do you have? Regards, Bob.

>Hi Bill. I added your camera views to a Cirrus CR 20 V2 Six>by GK plane. They worked great. Which plane do you have?>Regards, Bob.I am the modeler and gauge programmer for all of the Eaglesoft Cirrus aircraft, both FS9 and FSX versions (14 models):SR20SR20 GTSR22 G2SR22 GTSR22 GTSSR22T G2SR22T G3The freeware model from GK plane does not have a functional CAPS as I recall, so it doesn't have the exaggerated wing radius issue that these models have. ;)Where the FS9 models may be either hex-edited or "AFCADed" to reset the radius, FSX models cannot be so easily modified.As a result, I created a "Viewpoint" gauge that may be used to 'instantly dolly the camera in' or 'instantly dolly the camera out' using left/right mouse clicks. Using the MouseWheel to dolly in/out slowly to 'fine-tune' the camera's position. :-lol