Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

Are there gauge programmers that work on commission?

Perhaps a dumb question.I have been frustrated for the last 5 years that there are no B-55 Barons for fs-until last month a freeware one popped up. It is a pretty good freeware 2d version-but not really what I fly. I almost exclusively use the sim to practice with for my real flying-and want the instruments to resemble what I have. I am now in a limbo of frustation of half there half not...I know how to put bmp's into the gauges, have put some payware (Reality xp 6 pack, gps, friendly panel radios) my own yoke, and can redo the bmps from real picts, but have never learned the programing for custom instruments-and don't have time to unfortunately. Are there gauge programmers out there that would make needed gauges on a commission?Maybe a stupid question-but I am in limbo now with a half cocked version of my plane that is very unsatisfactory..along with a few instruments that are malfunctioning badly due to my screwing around with the code. Of course there needs to be a practicality-I'd love a Garmin 496 with xm weather instead of the freeware simflyers 296-and I've love a working stormscope and Century IV autopilot but probably not doable.The manifold gauge, rpm, and fuel flow -the ones I really need I bet wouldn't take much time from a pro though....Then I could spend my time on the bitmaps themselves making them much better-something I can do.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

HelloGeofa I think that it would be a great opportunity for an accomplished gauge programmer to do custom gauges by request, providing the remuneration was worth their time and effort.Many times I have purchased an Addon only to find that the Gauges can't be controlled by my Go-flight units and would gladly have banded together with other folk with the same problem to get a set of gauges that would respond to the Go-flight units.I have recently bought the Just Flight Seneca II for FSX(really nice rob young FM).Had to immediately swap out the radios for the Friendly Panel Units, Very nice radio pack though, so an improvement but just lucky that I have them and they work with my Go-Flight hardware.There is an opportunity here for an enterprising gauge programmer to make a bit of money.

As luck would have it you are half way there, my good friend & fellow Montrealer , Jean Luc from Reality XP has launced a new website and his list of " solutions " , or services offered .Discussing this with him one sunny afternoon during a get together & BBQ at my place with other Montreal Developers and our wives Jean luc went over some of his ideas and commissions or contracting for projects of Gauge sets and complete aircraft were among them and more fully explained on his Website www.reality-xp.comProducing a gauge background or two and whatever additional instruments are fitted in your Baron are possible , in fact you could commission Your Baron down to the smallest detail and Fly your ownin FSX.

Since Jean Luc helped me get my last aircraft -the Beech Debonair down to the last detail (though in that case amazingly for free) I am not surprised!Sounds great-I will be looking there! It would be nice to pay him back for his good heartedness. :-beerchug (and get what I need to enjoy the sim).GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Geof, contact me via my blog...

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69