Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Pencil pusher

AC config question

Hello All:I had no response in the general FS9 forum so I am hoping someone can help me here.I am looking for any info that explains what AC config entry controls on ground stability and prevents an AC from tipping either left or right (depending on which way an on ground turn happens) so that a wing scrape does not happen while the AC is turning at around 10 kts taxi speed.I have checked out the FS2004 Aircraft container SDK but it does not provide an answer to my question. What I'm looking for is this:Which entry is it and what is the value to be changed? Is there not some tutorial which explains in detail what all the parameters are for all the aircraft config entries? TIAChris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It is not just one entry that affects what you're discussing.No, there is not a tutorial like you're seeking.Any aircraft that tips over at 10kts probably has it's main gear in the wrong position.

Try looking in your .air file no 1101 Primary aerodynamics, usually the last entry labelled: 'CY_r Side Force. Leaning over in turns while taxiing'If using AirED right clicking on heading will give you a possible lead on value. The other thing that can make an effect is your damping ratio and spring rate in your config file.Hope this helpsKeith