Sign in to follow this  

Nova 1.6 question

Just curious if anyone knows where (if possible) you set the night textures options. Cant seem to find it and though I see .lm bitmaps for night textures I cant seem to figure out where they go. Otherwise Im making some sweet hangars etc and like this program a lot.Hornit

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, Hornit.It's easy. You only need to make the texture with night colors and save it with the same filename that the diurnal texture, adding the _lm to the name. Nova and the Fs handles the textures as an unique packadge. Obviuosly, the relative position of the drawings in the diurnal and nocturnal textures must be the same. If you are working with a diurnal texture called, i.e., gate1.bmp, Nova expect that a texture called gate1_lm.bmp will be placed at the scenery's texture folder, althought it don't warm to you about this. Fs works in the same manner: if it found the _lm texture, it will diplay it at night. Of the texture do not exist, it will display black.I hope that this can help you.Regards,Jose M. Barruezo

I want to add a few things to this reply.FS does not use the night textures automatically, you must tell it to do so. This way you can for example use the night textures on your buildings, but not on the grass. The grass will then just have the same texture as during day time and FS makes it darker.So, you have to add a parameter to the LoadBitmap command that tells FS if it needs to use a night texture with this texture or not.Comming back to the question about NOVA, I am sure it will have a checkbox or something to do so, but because I don't use NOVA I can't tell you where it is.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Hi,The reason why Nova doesn't have a Night textures check box is beacause Nova is a 3D macro maker, and therefore, the night texture is allways asumed, and not need to add an extra option on each side of polygons to include them or not, ground textures stuff are not targeted at all by Nova, and there the night textures may become an option to have them or not. Best,Rafael

For me, It's very simple, and doesn't involve NOVA at all.I take the bitmap, darken it somewhat and convert to greyscale.(Most night lighting involves sodium vapour/mercury vapour single light frequency). Then add yellow/white lighting to windows etc.I save the file with the _lm extension. That's all and the buildings show up at night!

Here's a link to a tutorial using PSP but it is for FS2K. I have not tried it but I bet it will work with FS2K2. Look under the tutorials and night lighting.http://www.fsheartland.net/Ihor buddy, got the disc but have had no time yet to view. Thanks for sending and will let you know soon. Can you post a day and night texture shots. Never tried it that way. You are using Photoshop 6 right? Just got the update to v7 this week not installed yet. Looks great though. Thanks.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cd2fb923e5fd384.jpg-Jay....:-yellow1-NWA Line Maintenance KDFW -WORLDWIDE RELIABILITY

Hi,Oh the fun I had at the post office with 2 $1 and 1 $10 bill :-)and the machine that wouldn't take the $10 bill until my 15th attempt.I'll post some shots this weekend.Airport for Windows doesn't automatically add the _lm textures. You have to add them to your distribution ZIP files.