Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

FS2004 - Roads Have Flatten

FS2004 - roads appear to have associated with them a flatten for a few meters on either side of the road. This will eliminate roads at an angle traversing hillsides. Quite noticeable on the Pacific Coast highway in California. Checked out same in Pennsylvania also.Maybe (?) this will make using Ground2k less tedious to use in trying to represent sharp cuts through hillsides.Road placement continues, along with mesh, to be ok for general use but you really know it is not close to real.Dick KLBE:9

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I also see what appears to be power poles, light poles and such along the new roads. Will these objects now appear also as part of the road placement? And the new rotating beacons with the green/white reflections are quite nice I think! :) Best regards,Mark

Yes, I think those lights and poles etc are part of the road. Just lik you have autogen in towns etc, this is the type of autogen that belongs to a road it seems.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest gorchi

Yes, those roads with lamps are VTP stuff on layer 6 together with road (!!!!!!). But who knows what code is needed to turn on and off those lamps and telephone poles...One more things, have You guys observed also a little steep between terrain and rivers? There seems to be also a black&white BMP that is used as mask for making rivers little deeper than terrain...Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Interestingly, I've noticed that along with improvements like road cuts, poles and deeper cuts for rivers, they've also included -- quite unintentionally, I'm sure -- some non-flat water in some areas. One that comes to mind from my flying is the ocean around the outskirts of PAKT. So I guess it's three steps forward, one step back.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest GerrishGray

Hi guysMany of the new features mentioned here are controlled by settings in terrain.cfg, which even includes some explanatory comments this time ... Have a look, it's quite revealing.CheersGerrish

>One more things, have You guys observed also a little steep>between terrain and rivers? There seems to be also a>black&white BMP that is used as mask for making rivers little>deeper than terrain...???Gotta check this out immediately... :-hmmm :-jumpy

Guest gorchi

Hi,check utilitymask.bmp, utility autogen in terrain.cfg and textures no. 1211 and 1212. Sorry for that black&white thing, utilitymask is completely black in imagetool but it has "soft" alpha channel, and it's type FS70.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net