Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

How to create new AFD-Airports in FS2004?

Hello,I want to add some new airports to the airport directory but how is it possible to do that? The SCASM-Code (2.90) about AFD is not supported by FS2004 and AFCAD only gives the ability to change airports.I don't know if it would be ok if I go a step back and create old locations (Add-On Scenery) in FS98-style...Sasa

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You will have to wait on Lee Swordy's additions to AFCAD2. New airport AFD functions are not in the present load.W. Sieffert

Yeah, if you look at section 21 of the AFCAD2 help file it gives the impression that we can open addon airports -- but this gives me an error every time, trying to open a AFD BGL created by FS Architect. Is is possible at the moment to get a AFD file to open? What would you need to create such a file?

It's a little like being the first person to own a fax machine. Yeah, you can send... but to whom? You can open third-party airports using AFCAD2, but only if they were made using the new AFD format, and right now that pretty much means only airports whose AFD information was built in AFCAD2 in the first place. So that means you can open someone else's AFCAD files for editing, but not much else.The FS9 AFD information is so fundamentally changed that there's no way you can open AFD information created with pre-FS9 software in AFCAD2. That's precisely why we were all waiting for Lee so anxiously!