Sign in to follow this  
bob.bernstein

Image Colouring Software?

Guest victorwest

I've seen mention in several posts of using Photoshop to colour greyscale aerial images for using as scenery in FS. I've looked up this product and it appears to retail for

Hi Victor:It's true, Photoshop has a pretty unbelievable price tag (I got a student license of 5.0.1 years ago and still had to pay US$150).Paintshop Pro has similar functionality and is much cheaper, though I don't know what its current retail price is.How about a free alternative? I've heard good things about GIMP but haven't used it myself: http://www.gimp.org/BTW, tutorials on image coloring are available here: http://www.scenery.org/tutorials.htmAlso, if you search this forum for "greyscale" or "grayscale" you should find some interesting threads.Cheers, Holger

Photoshop Elements has all the features of Photoshop you'd ever need for FS work, plus it's real useful for digital photography. For years I've used Micrografx Picture Publisher, (not available now?) but its ability to recolour isn't all that effective, so I tried everything out there, and the only one which really did a good, quick job was Elements.I paid NZ$200 for mine, about US$120, but I see its on Amazon now at US$80.

Guest jersey shore

their is a file sharing site called KAZAA....you can download it from there for free...

>their is a file sharing site called KAZAA....you can download>it from there for free...Thanks for the suggestion but I think there's a word for that and it involves parrots and pieces of eight!:D I've downloaded the trial version of Photoshop Pro so I've now got 30 days to learn to use it, learn to clour black and white images and have time to do the entire US!

I've just upgraded my photoshop. Prior to that I'd gotten a closeout deal on photopaint 9, a wherehouse was selling off older boxed copies. corel 10 was already out. I used it for a bit, but I work with a lot of big files, and I found Corel seemed to lag seriously when the file sizes got upwards to 100mb.Still for normal file sizes it works fine. I don't use it anymore. email me if you'd like to buy if from me. bob.bernstein@comcast.net.