Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Excluding in special shapes

Guest wideview

Hello guys,As I remember well there is a utility which is capable of excluding special shapes and not just rectangular.You can fill in more then 4 cocordinates to make the shape you want.Anyone an idea where I can find it ?Thanks,Gerard

Hi Gerard,I believe you're looking for ExcBuilder version 2.0, by Paavo Pihelgas. Should be in the library here; search for his name.Cheers, Holger

Am I correct in my understanding that ExcBuilder only excludes the XML-generated FS9 objects, Holger? I've been looking for an easy way to do exludes of autogen and custom buildings as well, and this one doesn't seem to have options for that sort of thing. Maybe I'm behind the times on my ExcBuilder versions, though.thanks,

Howdy,oops! Guess I should only speak about the tools I actually know well x( First, ExcBuilder doesn't allow for non-rectangular shapes either (got that confused with a tool by Steve Greenwood, which he never released, as far as I know).Second, it's correct that ExcBuilder can't exclude autogen, "only" default taxiway signs, generic buildings, windsocks, effects, and other library objects.The only way I know of to reliably exclude autogen is by ramming it into the ground with a textured VTP2 poly :-jumpy Perhaps this would be a good moment for the real experts to speak up ;-)Cheers, Holger

Hi Gerard.Maybe you could tell us what it is you are trying to exclude?In FS9, excludes behave slightly different than in previous versions. We used to exclude large areas to wipe out autogen and objects near airfields. With FS9, this can cause problems with new objects that contain attachments. The new objects will show, but they will not display or use the attachments to those objects.We overcome this restriction by making many small excludes that pick-off the refpoints of the old objects. The new objects we then place can have refpoints slightly outside the excluded area, and their attachments will be fine.And as Holger indicated, a new VTP poly, using a homemade, named, autogenless texture can get rid of autogen over a large area.VTP polys can be about any shape if drawn in Ground2K4, and many small excludes can use a program like Excbuilder. Dick