Sign in to follow this  
arno

AFCAD2 and parking spots on grass...

Is there a way to texture taxiways or a polygon as grass to create off-pavement parking where the plane won't bounce all over the place while taxiing?Thanks for any tips!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

You could probably add a small fs2002 style invisible ground polygon with surface hardening. Visit http://www.airportforwindows.com/ , download and install AFW, and make a polygon with invisible texture and ensure the hardened surface is selected.Otherwise, visit http://www.scenerydesign.org/ for bumpy. However, I don't think it will do what you want unless it has been updated.W. Sieffert

No, I think the bumping is a property of the grass (I like that btw, grass should not be smooth). Maybe you can use the old Fs2002 technique of defining that area as smooth, but I have not tried if that works with AFCAD scenery.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks for the input - It's not so much the bumpy that I mind (i do kind of find it realistic), its just that certain aircraft have a number of sounds associated with the bumping like tire screetching, etc. which can be quite annoying on length taxiing...I was hoping that it wasn't just an on/off switch, but maybe there were degrees of bumpiness.Thanks again,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I have never heard that you can set the level of bumpyness, so I think it is on or off.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog