Sign in to follow this  
Guest albertovolador

Autogen SDK 2004

Hello to everyone,I have downloaded recently the Autogen SDK from Microsoft and I have tried to create my own autogen scenery for Spanish towns. It's the first time I make an attempt to build a scenery like this and I find a few problems. First of all, I would be grateful if you tell me how can I locate the BMP file wich corresponds to the coordinates I want. Is there anything I can use to capture the coordinates and use them in the Autogen Annotator to find the appropiate BMP?Thank you all for resolving my doubts as a rookie in the scenery design.Albertovolador.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I use TCalc2004 by Richard Ludowise. This uses FDSConnection to display quite a lot of information about your position within the simulator, including the name of the tile and the 8 surrounding tiles. You can just copy and paste in Annotator.Visit the Windowlight forum on Avsim... everything you need to know about New Zealand flightsim sceneryhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...forum=203&page=

RobinI get the idea that what Albertovolador seeks to do is to alter texture files with annotator to better represent the Spanish towns in his area. Wouldn't your suggested approach alter only generic texture files, thereby affecting the appearance of those tiles wherever they were placed on the globe. I wonder whether the result Albertovolador would like to achieve, would require modification of [and generation of .AGN files for] custom photorealistic texture files for the particular areas he wants to change???Wouldn't a better approach be to make landclass usage changes, for example with EZ-Landclass or similar program?Regards

I've downloaded the TCalc2004 as you said . It gives me the name of the BMP I need "012111210312122Su.bmp" but when I paste it in the annotator it tells me that it doesn't exist!! I've tried to search it manually but that file doesn't appear in any fs2004 texture folder. Is it my fault? Is it an error of the TCalc2004?Am I missing some textures of fs2004?What should I do now?Thanks for your help. Albertovolador

Hola Albertovolador,The method mentioned above would only work if there were custom terrain textures applied to the area you're talking about. That's probably not the case. What you need to do is find out which landclass is being displayed for the area in question and then find the BGL file(s) associated with it. Once you know that, you can edit the autogen. However, as was already said, you won't only be altering the autogen for that area, but for any area on the globe that uses that same landclass. thanks,

Thanks for your help Bill.But I still have problems... No matter where I go, I just can't find the Bmp for that position. Using the TCalc 2004 I get the coordinates and the name of the texture but when I want to view it in the Annotator it tells me it doesn't exist.Secondly, I'm afraid I don't know how to "view" the content of a BGL. I know the name of the BGL but I don't know what to do with it.Is there any tool to view the content of the BGL?Sorry for my ignorance in this.Albertovolador

That is correct, if you don't have custom photo texture you will never find the BMP TDFCalc shows you.But I don't think that changing the autogen for a default texture would be a good idea. This autogen has been made so that it matches the default textures very well, changing them would never give a good result.As already suggested before I think you can best alter the landclass so that you can change the texture used to a better fitting type.Also, what do you exactly mean with make the autogen look more spanish? Do you want to alter how the buildings looks or where they are placed?

I've realized what you want to tell me. Now I know that if I modify a custom texture it will not only affect the place I want but all the places that use that texture.What I want to do is to recreate spanish cities placing buildings in the exact place and with the exact position. For example, I have the Simwings Madrid-Barajas 2004 scenery, which has photoreal pictures surrounding the airport covering Barajas the town in which it's placed. I want to place the buildings according to their positions in the photograph, and that's why I thought the Autogen SDK would be a great program to do this, as I don't know much about scenery design and using "already made" buildings wouldn't give me problems.Well, I placed all the buildings in the annotator but when I started the fs2004... it only appeared few buildings. Is this a problem of the annotator or is it a problem of the scenery? Maybe the problem is that it has mesh??I am looking for scenery design programs, easy-to-use and that have a library of buildings and objects wich are already made. In other words, a program that I just have to place the buildings or objects using coordinates or through flightsim2004.Albertovolador

AlbertovoladorSimwings Madrid-Barajas 2004 scenery sounds suitable. Given that you have "placed all the buildings in the annotator but when I started the fs2004... it only appeared few buildings". It sounds like you may have your autogen slider [Options;Settings;Display;Autogen density] set to something less than it could be. Try setting Autogen density to Extremely dense [fully to the right] and see if that makes a difference to what is displayed. Hopefully this should reveal all of the annotations you have applied.Regards

I have already set the slider of the autogen density to extremly dense but it hase not produced any positive result. It shows me the same quantity of buildings. I think that a possible problem it