Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

Help on program selection for making ndb's

I have downloaded a list of AM radio stations for the US west coast that includes power output and lat/long coordinates. These stations are shown on Sectionals and are frequently an aid in finding small remote airports. From some earlier reading I thought I could enter these using EasyNav 4.11 but have found that I need to be able to open a scenery bgl for the region I am working on in order to get a starting point. Is there another program that might be used for entering this info and generating a state wide bgl file with just this ndb information?Any help would be appreciated.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

AFCad is my sugestion.Open an existing minor field, save that with a new name and add all NDB's you wish.Remember to adjust the elevation for each NDB as most of them won't be at the same level as the actuall airfield.Give it a try and tell me if it worked ;-)/Bqt

If I used AFCAD (which I have used for airfield mods) could I make a bgl with all NDBs for a single state or would I need to split it up into smaller working areas?Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Maybe I'm missing a bigger point here. Use an AFCAD produced bgl file and then use that file with the EasyNav... I'll give that a try.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I think you can best write a small piece of XML code for this. Take a look at the BGLComp SDK for the sythax. You can then put all the navaids in one XML file.(This assumes you are working for Fs2004)

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thank you ArnoZane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest sapper42

Zane, this NDB is about 35km nth west of Melbourne Australia. If you edit this in Notepad and save as an XML file, then drag it over BGLC itll work.I recommend Dick Ludowises TDCalc2004 V-2 to get your Lat Lon co ords.rgds Jeff

Awesome,Hey thanks to all of you for making the project a little easier for me. :)Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888