Sign in to follow this  
JMEppright

Guess work or measurements?

Guest G_BODD

I am attempting to create a hanger at my local airfield (EGNM) and I am not sure how to do it.Anyway, I don't know the size of the building and would have to guess. Is this the norm or do you get proper measurements beforehand?If anyone is wondering it is the large multiflight hanger.Sorry for the spelling mistakes!

HiI have UK2000 part 7, I have measured the Multiflight hangers, but even so these measurements may not be right either.The New Multiflight hanger is; Length 112.5m, Width 46.7m, Height 13.7m.The other hanger is a standard T2-type WW2 hanger, is about; Length 75m, Width 46m Height around 10m.If your interested you can see screenshots of my soon to be released Durham Tees Valley Scenery at www.fs9world.co.uk.Hope this helpsStevo

Hi,If you have some photos of the object you are making that can improve the guessing. In general you can see doors, people, etc on them and you know the size of these "objects". So based on that you should be able to make a good guess of the size.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

First of all, seek out the facility manager of the structure or structures you want to duplicate. Explain to him/her your hobby and what you wish to do. Then, with their approval, start your project.On my projects I use a hand held Garmin GPS to measure length and width of structure. At the same time, an accurate Lat Long can be noted from the GPS of one corner of the building. That should take care of size and location.If you do this on a cloudy day when light is not harsh (bright sun), then you might also take plenty of photographs of structures to crop and use creating your FS structures.Good luck!

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)