Sign in to follow this  
Guest 46th_Terror

Sbuilder and roads

Guest 46th_Terror

I want to place some roads on my airport scenery using sbuilder. But thay always look blurry on the edges. Is there a way to place some roads and have sharp edges? I want to have roads that look like proper roads what I get look like a walking trail to me. This might be a restriction of FS9 but I am hoping that it can be done.

You might want to give AFCAD a try for roads in the immediate airport area.

You are placing FS default roads which are VTP lines. They will be blurred as are all default roads. As suggested you could use taxiways created by tools such as AFCAD or SceneGenX if you want hard edges.It is a bit of a conumdrum as I find VTP roads a bit too blurry and those made from something like taxiways as too hard - Ho Hum , maybe FSX will have a new road system. :-)

Guest 46th_Terror

>>It is a bit of a conumdrum as I find VTP roads a bit too>blurry and those made from something like taxiways as too hard>- Ho Hum , maybe FSX will have a new road system. :-) >You hit my problem right on the head. I totaly agree. It is wierd the textures for the roads are not that bad. and some are prety good. Thay are just blurry once you get them in the game.

The resolution of all terrain elements is affected by display settings. Try turning them up and see what you get.Best regards.Luis

Guest 46th_Terror

I run all the scenery sliders at max values. thanks for the help guys. I apreciate it.