Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

Default Scenery still visible

Hi All ,Just installed some great scenery scenery of Mumbai, but some of the default buldings are showing through:-zhelp. Is there a way of removing these, if so would be grateful if someone could show me howThanks in advanceRen

ReneTo get my best answer would require me to know whose scenery you downloaded (file name). There many reasons why default scenery may still exsist and different methods used to remove based on how the scenery designer created Mumbai.

ReneIn the readme the designer of this scenery says >I tend to prefer to leave as many default>objects around as I can - it saves me from building >something to go into the spaces. Since I've only >passed through the place at night I can't get >too offended by my inaccuracies, so I may >have left other bad buildings in there.If you want to exclude the FS9 default buildings I can recommend the EXCBuilderV2 found on many different sites.

Thanks for that, the EXCBuilderV2 got rid of most of the default buildings:D :D .I'd like to get your advice on one more AFCAD issue if I may. It relates to LKPR 2004 (http://www.virtualskies.net/flightsim/scenery_2005/lkpr2004_050801.zip)First this is one of the very best free sceneries that I've come across so far. The issue is that if you try to edit the AF2_LKPR.bgl using AFCAD 2.21 the default scenery shows up and EXCBuilderV2 doesn't have any affect. Also the file size changes from 83K for the original file to 78K when saved in AFCAD. This is a real shame as the scenery is of such high quality. Have you any thoughts as to how to fix this. ThanksRen

ReneYes, it is a real shame that some scenery designers have a lot of talent when designing airports but lack the understanding of how FS9 works.Lets first talk about what the problems are and then a fix either by contacting the designers or for your own personal benefit.To start with most of the problems are nested in the AFCAD files and it does not depend on which one you use. They are both corrupt with invalid FS9 XML data as per the BGLComp SDK and the AFCAD compiler.Inside the AF2_ files the designer placed the exclusion rectangles, Taxiway signs and APnnnnnnnn.bgl Approach Airport Facility Information. Now when you open the af2_ files with the AFCAD program the decompiler that AFCAD uses is saying, WHOA!!!! there is XML data that does not belong in here. If you close the AFCAD program without saving everything appears to be ok, BUT if you change a simple area of the AFCAD airport and save, all the XML data that does not belong in the AFCAD gets deleted by the AFCAD compiler.This is why you see your new saved AFCAD become smaller in kb size. All the Excluson rectangles, Taxiway Signs and Approach data was erased by the AFCAD compiler. Also the AFCAD program changed the scenery designers XML line that reads this

Thanks for such a full reply. I've emailed the designers, however, they are Czech and their respective websites have no English versions so I fear they'll not reply. As to the fixes you suggest, they appear far beyond my knowledge or abilities, so I guess I'll have keep things in the default mode and not look too closely at the aircraft impaled by some of the jetways. I'm guessing that you've had a chance to look at the scenery, I'm sure that you'd agree it's certainly impressive for free material just a shame about the details. I'm sure that I'm not the first to notice the AF2 issue and can only hope that it is brought to their attention in Czech and that a fix is postedThanks againRen

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>Rene>>In the readme the designer of this scenery says >>>I tend to prefer to leave as many default>>objects around as I can - it saves me from building >>something to go into the spaces. Since I've only >>passed through the place at night I can't get >>too offended by my inaccuracies, so I may >>have left other bad buildings in there.>>If you want to exclude the FS9 default buildings I can>recommend the EXCBuilderV2 found on many different sites. Do you by chance know of a direct link to the EXCBuilderV2 program? I have not been able to find that file on Avsim. :-) Kind regards,Mark.

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>Hello Mark,>>It can be difficult to navigate through the library.>>Please try this:>>http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...lgas&CatID=root>>>Best regards.>>Luis Hi Luis. Again thank you for the link. Just one other thing, this program requires that a module named "FS Connect" be installed in order to communicate with FS9. I checked on Avsim under the heading FS 2004 Utilities and also did a search for it on FlightSim.com but found nothing. Is the "FS Connect" module now obsolete?:-hmmm Kind regards,Mark