Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

Help - ATC

Guest A32X

I've got an amazing PSS A320 in JMC colours and the equally good flight model of a DC-10 by FFG in JMC colours.I am unable to get ATC to give my the callsign 'J.M.C' though. Anyone have any ideas?Best Regards

jerrycwo4 I've changed a number of 'callsigns' for aircrafts. What have you done in your attemps to make this change?jerry

Guest A32X

I'm a total novice sir, I just put JMC in the 'airline' text file in the aircraft directory. I then selected it for the DC-10 ' JMC ' but ATC failed to use the callsign.Regards,

>I've got an amazing PSS A320 in JMC colours and the equally >good flight model of a DC-10 by FFG in JMC colours. >>I am unable to get ATC to give my the callsign 'J.M.C' >though. >>Anyone have any ideas? >>Best Regards What is the name of the airline? And what is the actual callsign supposed to be.Also be aware that the callsign name does not always match the name of the airline. British AIrways=speedbird"

Guest 727Fan

I'm not sure about this. Just an observation. In the winter months here (KMKE) there is a B757 operated by Apple VacationsRyan Air. It's in the same strange lime green paint scheme that appears on the JMC A330. The ATC call sign is Ryan.Could it be that JMC and Ryan Air are the same? FS2K supports "Ryan."Rick

>I'm not sure about this. Just an observation. In the winter >months here (KMKE) there is a B757 operated by Apple >VacationsRyan Air. It's in the same strange lime green >paint scheme that appears on the JMC A330. The ATC call sign >is Ryan. >Could it be that JMC and Ryan Air are the same? FS2K >supports "Ryan." >Rick Its more likely that JMC has a contract with Ryan for some routes.Again, what the heck is JMC short for. Jamica something.

JMC Airlines, part of JMC Holidays. JMC stands for John Mason Cook, son of the founder of the company (19th century).Whats weird is that I cannot find their real-life callsign. And FS2k2 sure doesn't include that one.__________________________________________________________EricUPDATED: List of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

>JMC Airlines, part of JMC Holidays. JMC stands for John >Mason Cook, son of the founder of the company (19th >century). >>Whats weird is that I cannot find their real-life callsign. >And FS2k2 sure doesn't include that one. >>>__________________________________________________________ Well, since they are notr in FS2k2. That tells you that they are not a major carrier. I've never heard of them.

"Well, since they are notr in FS2k2. That tells you that they are not a major carrier. I've never heard of them."the callsign for Southwest ("Soutwest"")was not inluded either

>"Well, since they are notr in FS2k2. That tells you that >they are not a major carrier. I've never heard of them." >the callsign for Southwest ("Soutwest"")was not inluded >either Actually, thats not correct. Its there alright. Its just that the programers forgot to code it. I forget the wav file name but its alphanumericcal. Ther was no text line in the PHrase text file that is encoded intop the gvp file. Please no I was not trying to be snotty. Just that MS even said that emphasis is on the most popular aircrafts so it only makes sense that only the most popular airlines would be present.

>Also be aware that the callsign name does not always match >the name of the airline. British AIrways=speedbird" ...or if you actually want it to work in FS2002, "speed bird" (two words. You've got to spell it the MS way :) - there is an updated list in the Tips and Tricks pages link at the top of this page.

That's not quite true. They didn't forget to code it. Their Southwest wav file is used for other purposes ("N1234 is 3 miles southwest of xxxx, request flight following"). I guess somebody at Microsoft didn't realise it could be used for the airline of the same name as well. You can indeed copy the sound, rename it appropriately and add the "phrase" in order to have it for the airline name.__________________________________________________________EricUPDATED: List of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc