Sign in to follow this  
scott967

More about waypoints...

Hello again, Is it essential that individual waypoints have the correct Magnetic Variance specified? I'm working on PACOT and other lat/long Pacific waypoints and I was curious if I really need to specify the exact MagVar to make them work properly. So far, the 300 or so points I've created display in FS9 perfectly where they belong with me having set magvar for all of them of -16.00000. However, will the MagVar affect their actual location in the sim? How important is it that I specify exact magvar? Thanks in advance for the help!-adam

mgh, Thanks for the link and sorry for not searching first. I've worked 11 straight days with 5 more to go and was on my way out the door (to work....none other) when I posted. I have been able to work on the waypoints a lot at work (we have slow times, I do testing in a 400-bed hospital laboratory, and I work nights). But thanks a lot for the link. This is great news as now I know I won't have to add real magvar's to all of the now 500 or so waypoints I have created around the world. Thanks again! Cheers!-adam

I think if you use a planning tool like FSBuild you don't really need to add all those waypoints. I think if you create an FS9 format flight plan using fictional waypoints, FS9 will use the lat/long to create the route and ignore the name. It's only an issue if you are using the planner inside FS9. I haven't tested this out thoroughly, but that is how it seems to work.scott s..