Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest mtom

Rwy12 works fine with FSX

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi SeevK,Glad to see your great program is still rolling! While I don't do much on these forums due to job constraints, I like to say hello to old friends now and again.W. Sieffert

Hi,I am trying to use RWY12 to place some heliports/heli trailers in FSX. Unfortunately, every time I try to land on one the helicopter falls right through it. Any ideas? I have the latest version of FSUIPC and the FSX SDK installed from the Acceleration add-on. I've been searching for quite some time now and haven't found an answer.Thanks,Chris

Hi,I am trying to use RWY12 to place some heliports/heli trailers in FSX. Unfortunately, every time I try to land on one the helicopter falls right through it. Any ideas? I have the latest version of FSUIPC and the FSX SDK installed from the Acceleration add-on. I've been searching for quite some time now and haven't found an answer.Thanks,Chris
Hi Chris:I haven't looked at RWY12 in a while to see which objects are included in the supplemental object libraries, but I do know that it might be best to use one of the default FSX helipads which have a "hardened" surface for starters.If you want the helipad to appear in the airport start locations list, place a helipad using Airport Design Editor (ADE), FSXPlanner (FSXP), or Airport Facilitator X (AFX) just underneath the visible surface of the FS scenery library object with both the airport reference point and helipad elevations matching exactly at the height of the helipad... even if above ground level (AGL).The Finney Ground Helipads are nice alternate choices, but I am not sure that they have hardened surfaces.Hope this helps! :( GaryGB