Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

Addon scenery disappears

Kind and gentle scenery designers, I have a somewhat perplexing problem. I downloaded and installed a scenery file (to wit: Hurlburt Fld, KHRT). Everything is fine as long as I am in ground level views, IE spot, tower, etc. The problem is in the top down view. The scenery is not visible at all until I zoom out so far I can't see my airplane (six clicks of the minus (-) key. Since I was stationed there 25 years ago I would really like to use this scenery. Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is there truly nobody in this forum who can answer this question? Or is it that nobody wants to answer ME? :-(

Perhaps nobody knows the answer, perhaps nobody has the scenery.Have you tried with the author of the package? He would know best.Best regards.Luis

I have seen this phenomenon with various scenery, but haven't really looked into it. I believe it is related to using FS2k2 style airport scenery in FS9. scott s..

1. What is the slider set at for Scenery Density?2. Is is custom scenery or RWY12 scenery? If Rwy12, try reloading the objects and textures3. Did you try backing up your cfg file and letting FS9 rebuild the cfg file?To All: What is the distance setting within the CFG file that tells MSFS to start /stop drawing scenery? Perhaps that is set too low?