Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott967

spot elevation

Hi all. I was wondering if someone can guide me in the right direction. I need to find the highest spot elevations within a prescribed area. I know google earth has somethign where i can place my mouse and it will tell me the elevation where my cursor is BUT i would like to drag a box for example of say 10km by 10km and have it tell the the highest spot elevation within that area. Would REALLY appreciate your help on this one! thxJack

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I assume you are talking about FS and not Googe Earth here? You can ask for the terrain elevation in FS at a certain point as well, although that might require some coding to get it. But a function to search in a whole area I have never seen.

I've seen programs that sort of do that. I think the technique was to put the user aircraft in slew mode, and then slew east - west, move south and slew again, until the required area was covered. As the aircraft is slewed the ground elevation is captured via simconnect. This would result in a 2-dim array of elevation values and it would be easy to find the max or min.scott s..