Sign in to follow this  
falcon999

Please Please Help - constant Winrun.cpp crashes

I am sure this has something to do either with FlyScripts or C4TO. I recently installed both and since that time, have experienced frequent crashes. I originally thought it was only with the B777, but tonight I experienced the error in the SwissAir Ambulance (Hawker). I am at a loss, except to say that I have nearly no Winrun.cpp crashes without FlyScripts / C4TO. I've deleted and re-created default.keyI've deleted ALL aircraft HST filesI've deleted Autosave.sitI've tried flying in different parts of the world - no luck. NOTE: I installed Allen Kriesman's Flystart.dll today. Its possible it could have something to do with this, except I've been having frequent Winrun.cpp crashes since I installed FlyScripts and C4TO so I tend to think Allen's new code is not at fault.Anyone else with some ideas? Fly.ini attached. Here are my most recent CTD errors in GTFO.txt.....----------------------------------------------------------------Msg: Runtime execption code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 00667BF9File: WINRUN.CPP line 165Time: Tue Jun 04 22:04:50 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)----------------------------------------------------------------Msg: Runtime execption code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 6DA27EDEFile: WINRUN.CPP line 165Time: Sun Jun 09 18:46:36 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)----------------------------------------------------------------Msg: Runtime execption code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 004469D0File: WINRUN.CPP line 165Time: Sun Jun 09 18:58:09 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)----------------------------------------------------------------Msg: Runtime execption code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 00667BF9File: WINRUN.CPP line 165Time: Sun Jun 09 20:08:03 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest tonyc

the time you're spending hoping to find the cause will be better spent if you reinstall FLY2. I now keep two folders, so that if theprogram starts to give me winrun.cpp, I simply copy the other over it and everything goes away. Did you by anychance install the 777 over ver 2.3? tony

I wasn't aware there was a B777 update to 2.3? Are you talking about Fly!II? I have version 1.2 for Fly!2 and checking the Precisionmanuals.com website, it doesn't appear to have been updated.On re-installing Fly!2, let me just make sure I've got this right - Start with 1.53 (on CD). Update to v210 and add the globe update and video update. Then install B777, then install v230. Right?-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

DK,My only suggestion comes from Rod Machado, famed Aviaition Speaker (paraphrasing):"If you move a switch and something bad happens, undo what you just did."Obviously, one software is not working with another. Remove both C4TO & Flyscripts. See if the WINRUP.CPP errors occur. May be with your install you just cannot use them. I do not run them. I had a problem a while back. When I removed them, formatted my drive and did not re-install them, FLY!2 was fine.It's not a fix for the errors but atleast you not may be crashing any more, able to enjoy FLY!2.Good luck.

I have some time ago this type of problems, the culprit are my antivirus, I never see this interaction before, but at the moment I disable the antivirus software Fly! II run smooth as silk.I made high number of test, and the only program affected are Fly! II, the antivirus code appears to be too much MS-friendly :)

As far as I remember,I used to get the "winrun.error" only when I messed with my render.ini.Try with the original and see if this helps.Rodger

I have Norton Antivirus, but I disable it prior to flying. So this is probably not the culprit, although it is certainly possible.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

I have definately changed my render.ini many times. Why would this affect fly's stability with FlyScripts / C4TO though? I could understand if Fly crashed all the time, but what Render settings conflict?Recall - these excessive Winrun.cpp errors seem only to happen when I'm using C4TO.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

-DK,I have exactly the same system specs that you have (except for the dell) and I have no problem with FlyScript/C4TO. So I don

I tried flying with default everything but it was too slow in populated areas. I then decided to bite the bullet and re-install Fly!2 from scratch. While I cannot say I flew a totally un-altered version of Fly!2 (because I had to install PMDG 777 and FlyScripts, it was as plain vanilla as it could be. No dice.There is clearly something conflicting on my PC with the B777 and C4TO that I cannot diagnose. It does not appear to happen with any other aircraft.Any other computer experts out there wish to venture a guess?-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Hi DK,As far as I know, PMDG has not released an update to make the 777 compatible with FLY! II. The Boeing 777 was released for FLY!/FLY!2K and it worked very well with Flyscripts! and C4TO... I was actually a beta tester for the 777. If you're having problems running the 777 with FLY II, it's probably because the 777 isn't 100% compatible with FLY! II. Please be aware that there is a difference between FLY!2K and FLY! II. I'm sorry that I can't be more help - but I quit using FLY! II many months ago.Regards,Marc

Guest Mike94

You're not right Marc. There is a PMDG B777 for FlyII only, it was released around April 2001. And there is a B757 for FlyII which was released a couple of weeks ago.I fly 'em both in FlyII.Cheers,Michael

I am flying with the B777 for Fly!2. The version is 2.11f.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Arrghhh,You are correct - I need to quit posting before I'm actually awake :-). The FLY!II 777 was actually released around August 2001 - FLY!II was released in April. Anyway, I was involved in testing that aircraft - and never experienced any problems (except I never had a chance to implement the new callsigns). Anyway, back when this forum was considerably busier, the winrun.cpp error was a hot topic for discussion. Some people had the problem, many others did not - it seemed to be system-dependent. I can tell you that I'm 99.9% sure it is not related to Flyscripts! because many people who reported the error were not even using Flyscripts! Again, I'm sorry that I can't be of more help.Regards,Marc

Good morning all:I am reading these "Winrun.cpp" postings with great interest, in hopes that someone will come up with a solution to the problem!!!!Myself and many others are having the same problems. My unit specs are: Fly!II built to v230, Dell unit, P3/733, 256MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4400, v28.83, Win'98SE, with C4TO and Flyscript installed.For the past two weeks, (every evening including weekends) I have not been able to make an approach and land any of the aircraft that I am flying at that moment! No matter what the distance or duration of the flight, my unit will crash to the desktop and give me the dreaded "Winrun.cpp error". It always happens prior to completing the flight. VERY FRUSTRATING WHEN JUST AS YOU HAVE THE AIRPORT IN SIGHT, ALIGNED WITH THE RUNWAY, THEN................nothing but desktop.I have deleted all *.hjst and *.sit files as the majority in the Forum have advised but to no avail!!I wish that I could offer a solution but I can't, other than to start all over again. With all of the add-ons, what a pain that would be. I must say thought that the one who solves this "Winrun.cpp" problem will make a lot of people happy. He (she) will become KING OR QUEEN FOR A DAY AND KING OR QUEEN OF THE HILL!!!!!!!!Curtis