Sign in to follow this  
michal

777 Reality Check

Does anyone have an opinion as to the more realistic sim / add-on experience?FS2K2 & PSS 777or FLY 2 & PMDG 777Thanks,Astro

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Everyone has an opinion on that one! :-)Brenton Clark

Well,If you want my unbiased opinion, and you want the most realistic airliner experience, I`d go for the FLY 2 & PMDG 777 combination.Grab them while they`re hot, you won`t regret it ! :) .Kind RegardsAndyP.S. Oh, I forgot to say, I don`t have FS2002 installed on my machine, and I have never triedpurchased the PSS 777 - not that its important, but I thought I`d just mention that :-lol .P.P.S. ^ I`m allowed to be naughty, after all - this is the Fly! forum :-halo .

If you want reality at its best go for FLY2!(with PMDG 777 & 757)chris salviejo

I have flown both 777's and 757's by PMDG on both versions of FLY. For a truely realistic experience you must install some of the add-ons that use the FLYSCRIPTS program. Cleared for takeoff is out for both as well as pushback pro etc etc ; you get the point. Are familiar with these routines? Who would agree as a pilot that the only real diiference in physical control of an airplane is how far ahead you have to think. I have flown every sim I could put my hands on. The FLY series I will stay with. Of the 2 though, I still enjoy flying the 777. I had no problems Terrascene wise with FLY and I know as soon as I can figure it out on FLY 2, Ill be even happier. Even though the PS1 747 Simulator is still the most "realistic" tech wise, I do like the eye candy that other sims provide. You dont see much when using "Elite" also. How does do the virtual airline gig? Is there one for FLY?. I got ATC Simulator and would love to see integration between even if its with the other popular simulator. PMDG should a good REgional Jet.talktalktalkR. J. Emmer

Definately the PMDG series, Extrememely accurate cockpits and no pop up panels to deal with.RegardsPaul:-cool

used both products (your best bet is some Avsim staff member) and then even after you find such person to get them to be honest about their biases and whatever 'ticks' for them and why they prefer this over that .. good luck.I would rather approach this from the other, much easier end - which simulator (scrolling, non-scrolling panels, etc, etc), scenery, atmospherics you prefer better since these are areas where these products are significantly different.Both PMDG and PSS spent xxxx number of man-hours on those add-ons so most likely they both will meet your expectations.Michael J.

Thanks Guys,I appreciate the input. I noticed that Avsim gave the PSS bird it's 5 star gold seal of excellence award. The PMDG bird got 4&1/2 stars, I suppose I could try both and report back in a few months. :)Astro

Early today, I was going to suggest putting this on the MS board for an opposite set of answers. I now see that you have.............. only it's being answered by frequent members of this board! Was good for a laugh though!! :-lol :-lol L.Adamson

>.............. only it's being >answered by frequent members of this board! .. members who most likely never even had PSS 777 installed on their computers. :-lolMichael J.