Sign in to follow this  

Coming to Fly! in the near future (scenery pics)

Guest Colins2

G'day RogerHow d'you get 217mb for a coast pod?If you have edited the coast file for your scenery, you only need distribute the *.gtp file and the *gti file (if any) from Ground Tile Transformer.CheersColin

- this one has pics of more of the Erie islands, including Middle Bass, Kelleys, and North Bass, and also a nice picture of Cedar Point with an ore boat in front of it.(For those who've never been there, Cedar Point is pretty much THE coaster park. People make pilgrimidges from places like Korea and Germany solely for the purpose of going to Cedar Point).John/madmax

G'day Colin,What you say sounds great but I couldn't get it to work that way.Have you actually done it and checked that it works.I couldn't stop Fly!II ctd'ing if I placed the modified VXXXXXX in the coast folder. It would work fine if I removed the coast.pod altogether from the system folder but this of course meant losing the world's coastlines so the approach I took was to unpod the coast.pod and delete the offending VXXXXXX.gtp file and repod the coast.pod.I can forsee problems issuing a modified Coast.pod as previous/subsequent changes will be overwritten. The alternative would be to get the end user to extract the files from the pod and delete the offending VXXXXXX and then repod the coast.pod.BUT is it reasonable to expect the end user to do this even with instructions?? Terrascene seems to be using the coast information from the ponetp.shp shapefile. I don't know how or why but the result is I have Sydney with no water traps and an acceptable coastline. Actually I have the reverse problem. Instead of watery land I now have landy (solid) water :-) I have discovered that I can do the JC trick and taxi across the water between the parrallel runways. The water mask makes it look like water but ground transformer has changed the underlying attribute to land so it's solid.Sorry for babbling on Colin, but that is why I have the complete coast.pod as part of the scenery package. Cheers,RogerIt may not be the neatest solution but at this point in time it's the only solution I have.For some reason I think Searchpodfilesfirst=0 doesn't work with coast.pod. I can't have the same file in the coast.pod and also in the coast folder. It's an exclusive OR. One or the other but not both.I know that Danny is having the CTD problem as well with his Japanese scenery.

Guest Colins2

G'day RogerIt does work!I do it all the time.I have my original COAST.POD in the system folder.I created a folder called ..Fly!2COAST and that is where I put my edited gtp files for testing.I know Danny has a problem and I'm trying to find out why. I also have a problem with that tile.This is also how ROTW distributed Nice and how Jeck distributed the Loire tiles.Incidentally, I had your Sydney gtp in there too.Colin

My first flight, after purchasing Fly!, was to be from Burke Lakefront to Put-in-Bay. I was a little surprised (initially) that Put-In-Bay was missing from the scenery.Nice addon !Allen

The scenery itself (TS global tile and a project pack for same) will be uploaded before the weekend. As noted, South Bass is not quite as accurately rendered as I would have hoped, as it appears to be "on the fringe" of USGS info - its general shape is OK and the strip layed down "spot-on" and is on terra-firma from the get-go.The nice thing about this global tile is it includes SKY, CLE and Burke Lakefront. :-)I will upload the scenery and airport add-ons first - Bart's been working his way around Ohio adding details to the airports, so there should be some detail add-ons for Put in Bay and Kelleys eventually.

Randall Rocke

Allen,On a related note, I just finished the global tile that extends through Toledo and the bottom of Detroit - it tops out just above Grosse Ile, which has a really cool airport (Grosse Ile Municipal) on it. The airport didn't have the Tiger Census landpoly data that has given some beautiful settings for a number of airports in this area - it's one of those that "sits" right on top of USGS urban textures.Looks like I finally get to fire up TerraModels and lay some grass into it - I think it's going to be a striking airport to come into if I'm successful. :-)

Randall Rocke

Guest Bart

Check your email or give me a call before you upload anythingc ya