Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

How many Fly! users are there?

Guest CaptainJ

Hi There,I read every topic and every reply on that sometimes I read it even twice! in this forum. It's just that I don't want to miss something.If you see how many people read posts on the forum by just looking at how many views there were, and look how many people actualy repleyed on that post. You can say Fly! isn't dead as much people think here! I agree Fly is a way behind the other sims but that's just because there's no TRI development anymore. Fly! relies on us now, and that's one of the reason I stick to Fly!I can find my way of relax in this sim, after a hard day of work with just using my imagination and 3D Studio. I hope we are still here in a couple of years I have met many friends here.........Back to Max now :-)

Well, I'm certainly a user of Fly! (still work with Fly!2K as well!). I try my best to read all posts and see what the "feeling" is from the community. My interest in Fly! has led to a collaboration with Jarno and Alejandro on building the Seawind amphibian plane, and I am learning (but slowly!) about panels. Artistically, I am not good at all, but am having a lot of fun learning more about the inner workings. Having been to New Zealand, I am ALWAYS interested in ANYthing produced for Fly! from Down Under (Australia included!). I would love to see a C-130 done in the VXE-6 livery, with skis to boot! Christchurch was such a wonderful city to visit and learn about. So any Kiwis that can contribute is more than welcome - more like *wanted*! This goes for everyone from ANY country! Fly! offers us so many choices to work from. And if one can obtain the digital data necessary, making the visual scenery is great fun! Keyton from South America (Brazil, in fact) is still producing sceneries of his country when he can, and that is just wonderful! Of course, we in the USA fully understand that this data is not always readily available for free, and I feel badly that not everyone can produce the TerraScenery for their areas without a lot of hassles in getting the necessary data.Fly! is a world-wide community of users, and I certainly love to hear from everyone from around the world! That is the best enjoyment this sim offers - the chance to meet others from all over! And THAT is what keeps me interested in Fly!.My hearty thank you! to all that contribute, be it either as a developer or simply the user! It keeps Richard's dream alive!Best regards to all!Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

I still read this forum almost everyday but I have very little to contribute at this point.I still miss Richard Harvey an awful lot, as he was the catalyst of the FLY! franchise and one heck of a great human.Currently I don't have any of the FLY! series on my machine but that's only because of a lack of time on my part, not because it has been replaced (yes I do have the latest MSFS, time only permits me to play a little these days).FLY! had/has so much potential and I was excited when TRI (Brendan???) mentioned something was in the works. Nothing was ever said after that (officially anyways).I will put it back on eventually, even if just for old times sake. One downside for me is what **I** feel is the lack of a "living, breathing" environment. Still, it holds memories.Lastly, I give kudos to those that have taken the time to develop and share with the community. One day I hope the excitement will be back.

Dreams Never Die, Just The Dreamer...

Guest spenik

I can say that I useed to read alot of these posts every day ( and have just started agian ), and I can say that I still see and exitement about Fly! hear!I still remember the first time I posted, I was just asking for help to get the simulator going, let alone find out that there was so much more to it then I had ever known. When I actually started posting to topics I was amazed at the amount of responses I recived. Heh, I recall starting a topic on new twins and having Captin Jarno posting and feeling so special :)!Everyone must admit, when someone posts that a new plane or sceanery has been uploaded to the avsim library, you just cant wait to try it out, like opening presents on christmas. That is the exitement I am talking about, though for me it probably means alittle more considering I am still a kid.And for the record, you may count Robert ( spenick is not my name, if it were I would seiriously consider changing it) a Fly!II user/forum posterKeep Fly!ingBTW, Joseph, Is the saying at the end of your post at all related to the Genisis, er Bible story of Joseph and his coat of many colers? Just wondering...

Guest Steve Brown

Ah, yes the Joseph story/history/ always brings a tear to my eyes.Good to hear from you again. I was wondering how you were doing with your flights. I stopped myself I just dont have the time to Fly too far.All the best my friendStevehttp://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/divHomepage now open.

Guest spenik

Steve! So nice to hear from you again! Just about evry one in my family knows that a sandwich can allso be called a butty, ( remember that one? )As for my Flight around the world venture, er, I have reached a Hopefully temporary stoping point, at Thunder bay Canada. I am hoping to start it again soon, this time perhaps in a faster pane like to King air B200, or even That new Beech 1900 Tony is working on :)I can say the time-to-distance ratio was getting to me, I can see why you stopped your self, but I have some spare time between scholl subjects to hope across the globe, so hopefully I will be seeing you at Hawarden, or was it or Benbecula? Not sure, but see you there anyway!

Guest Steve Brown

Hi Mate!Yes I had a good laugh with the "Butty Post"When I was younger we had a visit from my cousins in Vancouver, Canada.Same language but we still confused each other. I remember my cousin asked me something, what I cant remember but I became very shy..... :-eek OK OK I was only 10!All the best to you "TTFN"TA TAH FOR NOW...http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/divHomepage now open.

>BTW, Joseph, Is the saying at the end of your post at all>related to the Genisis, er Bible story of Joseph and his coat>of many colers? Just wondering...Hello Robert, the little line at the end of my posts comes from a song that has stuck with me for some time (The chorus below):

DREAMS NEVER DIEWritten by Richard Cooper[P] Chorus:Dreams never die, just the dreamerDreams never die if it

Dreams Never Die, Just The Dreamer...